cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom AOT for Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I wanted to check on the list of items required to create a Custom AOT & Event.

For eg: for BPT ESC_SORDER , does not have an Inbuilt AOT.

Assuming, I would raise EVENTs only when an Order created  / changed.  ( VA01 /VA02)

Required in ECC

Required in EM

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

James,

The Order to Cash scenario is a very popular SAP EM visibility process. Unfortunately it is only made available through the RDS but luckily for you we, at Reveal, have many years experience implementing this scenario for organizations such as Insight Enterprises, Indigo Books, Asics, HD Supply, and more....

Take a look at the SAP EM WIKI we put together on SCN: SAP Event Management - Supply Chain Management (SCM) - SCN Wiki

There are lots of useful links there but toward the bottom of the page is the details that you are looking for OTC:

These are very old blogs that I wrote back i 2007!!! but they are still relevant today. Let me know if you have trouble going through them or if you need any other help.

All the best

Kevin Wilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kevin for the detailed blog.

Do you see a reason why SAP has kept this piece (Sales Order tracking) away from standard delivery?

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

IN the beginning it was hard to deliver anything standard as their were quite a few variations that folks use in the sales order, especially item category.

IN the end they decided to provide it as A "paid" RDS service instead of a visibility process. Back in around 2008 I was chairperson for the EM user group to gather feedback for SAP. The group overwhelmingly asked for OTC visibility process as their number 1 priority. i helped SAP with some thoughts and ideas around what should go in the design and ultimately they used most of them. In any case, each individual implementation is different so you have to adjust it anyway.

My EM team, at Reveal, and I are currently working on 2 OTC projects and neither use the RDS but both have used our EM design template for OTC visibility, so we are good anyway without it.

THanks

KEvin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Here are the basic list you need for AOT:

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

I was about to send Event Type screen shots as well but saw Kevin's post. Go with Kevin's posts and if you need Event Types screen shots and any other info, please let us know and we will help.

Thanks,

Vishnu