cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Product as a subsequent document of a transaction

0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I need to create a Product (PRD_SRV), as a follow-up document for a Task (BT125_TASK).

Let's consider a transaction type ZTAS, ( Category 101 Task) for which we have to create subsequent documents. In customizing, Customer Relationship Management > Transactions > Basic Settings > Copying Control for Business Transactions > Define Copying Control for Transaction Types, we need to customize the follow-up documents allowed for this transaction ZTAS.

Searching among the available target transactions, I cannot find PRD_SRV object (I assume because obviously it is not a transactional object), but there are objects such as IUPD (Product Determination Object) which are available, and which are not transactional objects neither. I customized the 2 target transactions to test the behaviour:

Srce. Trans. TypeTgt. Trans. TypeDescription
ZTASIUPDPDO
ZTASZTASMy Task

However, with this configuration, the option to create a PDO as a follow-up document does not appear, and the system navigates directly to a follow-up task.

Is it possible to create, from a transactional object such as a Task, a follow-up document that is not a transaction?

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is not possible. A product is a master data object, whereas the business transaction is a transaction object. You cannot create a follow up MD object for any transaction. What you can do use the product within the transaction so generate the reference from the transaction to the product, but not as a follow up object.

regards,

Johannes