cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDHP Medical V/s Medical FSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guru's,

Need a suggestion / recommendation on a requirement..

I have this below given requirement :-

"If an employee elects the HDHP medical plan, they CANNOT participate in the Medical Flexible Spending account"

How best must I configure this. Not finding a way out.

Pls. help...

Regards,

ARNAV....    

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This can be configured in 'Benefit Co-requisite Plan' (view V_T74FZ). In this view, set 'Medical FSA' to have co-requisite plan (e.g. only allows if participate in High Deductible Plan) other than HDHP.

This way, if ee currently participates in HDHP in IT0167, you will not able to create FSA record in IT0170.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Thanks for acknowledging the issue...

If I make all plans Co-Requisite for 'Medical FSA' other than HDHP, Then to I think EE would be facing problems when - if employee doesn't want to Opt for HDHP but wants to opt 'Medical FSA'.

I have 4 plans under IT0167 like Dental, Medical, Vision and HDHP.

So, you wish to recommend, I should maintain "every plan req" radio button for all 3 plans like Dental, Medical, Vision except HDHP against "Medical FSA".

Do I have a correct understanding...?

Regards,

ARNAV....

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think what they want is to prevent high deductible health plan (HDHP) from contributing to regular medical FSA (i.e. only able to participate in Limited FSA instead). Please check with your users to see if that's the case.

If it is, you need to config 'Benefit Co-requisite' for regular FSA plan to have health benefit plans that are not high deductible (note, dental/vision plans play no part of this and would not be included as co-requisite plans), and for Limited FSA to have HDHP as co-requisite.

This config prevents ees having regular health plans (e,.g. EPO, PPO) from participating in Limited FSA (in IT0170), and ees with high deductible

health plan from participating in regular FSA.