cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we import phrase and phrase set without importing transports from sap content first

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

can phrases be imported before importing transports ? let me know

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Will not work.For phrase import it is fine, import of assignment of phrases to phrase sets will go into error in many cases since these new phrase sets do not yet exist simply because the corresponding characterisitcs do not yet exist because the transports are not yet in.

Ralph

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

so I can do phrase import before moving transports . Also what is the best way to import new  phrase set . After phrase set are imported I know how to do the phrase set assignment . I do not see currently any t code to import phrase set in system rather than doing manually .

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

as long you haven't defined the answer to the question: what is "embedded" in the transports the answer is "no"; there is a "good" chance that something is missing to do the phrase import (e.g. phrase group)

in context of: Also what is the best way to import new  phrase set

Phrase sets are not "imported"; the are generated. You can import phrase and assignment of the phrase to a phrase set.

Please check the many threads here for this topic (ans customizing part of "Basic Data and Tools".

Check as well SAP online help

C.B.

PS: document might help

Online help Master Data Matchup - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

is here a "must to read" document

This document might help as well: When to use CGCZ (Match up master data)? | SCN

PSS may be check ontop as well:

CGBB EHS: Initial generation of phr. sets - ABAP Info ~ SAP Developer Center

RC161AW0 SAP ABAP Report - EHS: Start generation of standard phrase sets

This document might be of interest as well: How to use EHS specification management and EHS phrases more efficiently? | Environment, Health, and...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

TR should be move first & any this phrase doesn't have depends upon configuration it's only related to master data, if used Z phrase set you need create Z phrase set in target client and the import phrases with phrase set assignment.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

many companies do not use a provider to buy "content". You need to differentiate the "phrase" and "Phrase set" topic.

For upload of phrases you must do "minimal customizing" so that you can use either EHS import or use new OCC functionality. The phrase set is created as part of mater data set up. The assignment of a phrase to a phrase set can be done using "manual" process or if i remember correct via EHS standard import (check: Phrase Import - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library)

C.B

PS: to which transports you are refering to? transports as part of content?.

PPS: never used OCC for "mass upüload" purposes. But we have now as well new options for phrases there