cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM wave warehouse task creation error

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to execute the release withdrawal for a wave in EWM but the system is not creation the warehouse tasks.

As you can see below, the system informed us that 3 warehouse tasks were created, but actually they were not.

The reason is because for one of them item the system could not find source storage bin.

Could you please help me fix this error??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Anderson

Please note below points-

1. You are doing release withdrawal, it means you are picking for the 2 step picking process.  System will remove stock and put that in interim storage type  2010 , if you have used WPT 2020 and assigned storage type 2010 as destination to this WPT.
  2. Please make sure that storage type search sequence for removal is set up correctly. You need to make sure that line with 2 step pick has 1st priority then line without 2 step pick check box in storage type search sequence.
  3. If you wave is containing 3 WR items, and system is not able to find out stock for a single item , still system will be able to create WT for 2 items. For this check what pick denial option you have chosen for wave template option.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anderson,

the message "no source storage bin" is also shown when not enough available stock exists for a request.

In this case I always check the following.

EWM standard creates an internal table with all the available stocks which can be used to cover a request (Whse Task creation) during the Removal Strategy. The easiest way to find this is to look where BADI /SCWM/EX_RMS_DETERMINE is called. This BADI can be used to filter and sort the stocks which were determined. The name of the internal table is LT_QMAT.

When you check the entries of this internal table before the BADI is called, you'll see the following information.

1) Which source storage type has been determined. The BADI is called for each storage type which is assigned to the Removal Strategy.

2) You can check the stock entries regarding the available stocks (source storage bins).

3) You can also see the quantity information of each source storage bin (or Handling Unit).

Afterwards it should be easy to say if there is a customizing missmatch - or simply not enough stock is available.

The BADI is executed for each Whse Task creation - in your case for each Wave Item.

If you have questions regarding the BADI - just let me know.

BR,

Andreas

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreson

Settings for removal are  missing in customizing.

Check the settings here.

SPRO-EWM-Goods issue process-Strategies

Try and let me know

Cheers

Jobi

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the control settings for bin denial against wave template, here different options are available to handle the errors in source bin determination.

Sap Easy access-SCM Extended Warehouse Management -Extended Warehouse Management -Work Scheduling -Wave Management - Maintain Wave Templates ( /SCWM/WAVETMP )

possible options are :

1. leave an item in a wave ( release it again later)

2. remove an item from a wave ( reassign the item )

3.create a WT with an alternative source bin.

According to the setting against your wave template, it is possible to process the product after maintaining the source bin determination strategy.

BR,

C K Reddy