cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Risk of leaving for an employee in Nakisa

PT3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, we are configuring the HRExec view in Nakisa 4.3. We would like to enable HR to add a 'Risk of leaving' value from Nakisa for a given employee. In the 'Detail Designer' tab, when we go to Talent Profile > Assessment tab, I see that there are buttons pre-configured for adding Performance and Potential values, but there is no button for adding Risk.

We have tried to assign the writeback form 'Add Risk to an employee' as a button to the 'Risks' area and published that version, but we still do not see the button in HR login. As pre-requisites, we have assigned a scale ID for Risk and also created a Risk assessment template in the back-end SAP. Is there anything more required to be done in order to add the 'Add Risk' button?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth.

Could you please provide some details as to where you took this?  It might provide some insight for anyone else needing to do something similar in the future.

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth.

I don't work on the talent side of things much but perhaps the following might highlight something?

1. Do you see your risks section at all?
  2. Are any errors relating to this section appearing in the cds.log?
  3. Does running an RFC trace show the appropriate calls being made to retrieve any initial risk level data?

Regards,

Stephen.

PT3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

1. Yes, we do see the risks section under the Assessment tab, along with Performance and Potential. While Performance and Potential have an 'Add' button by default, there is none for Risks.

2. There are no errors appearing in the cds.log related to this add button or even in general Risks.

3. When I configured the Talent Assessment form in SAP and mapped that VC object in the ABAP Data Mapping section of Nakisa, it started pulling the Risk value assigned within SAP. However, the requirement here is to be able to add the Risk value directly from Nakisa. In order to even test that through trace, we need that button to appear and that's not happening. It looks like we are missing something while configuring the button in the Detail Designer. And we are not sure what.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth.

Could you outline the steps you carried out to add in the button?

Perhaps that will highlight something that's missing?

Regards,

Stephen.

PT3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

We've updated OTF schema XML 'Talent_Risk_Status_Data.XML' as well as extrainfo.xml file with scale ID's used for Risk of Loss. We have also updated the ABAP add on parameters to reflect the scale ID for Risk. But, we are still unable to add Risk of Loss in Nakisa.

Not sure if we are missing further configurations or if we are missing anything while publishing the updated XML's in OTF schema?

Thanks,

Prashanth

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prashanth.

I've never tried to do something like this in TalentHub for HR & Executives, but after you have data being pulled in you usually need to map it through using data elements, detail data and detail configurations and if you are making a UI adjustment you potentially need further presentation and/or XSL changes.  The exact nature depends on what area of an application you are modifying and not every web page element is accessible to configure.  Usually we add hyperlinks (not buttons) for customisations, but a button I think makes absolute sense for what you're attempting.

At a guess (as I say I've not tried to do this sort of customisation) it sounds like you have the data coming in but haven't configured it to "go" somewhere.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Stephen.