cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is it done: Embedded BI Language Dep Text?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our attempt to supply a Z-IOBJ with language dependent texts from a custom built HANA view fails. Hence we figured to use a BC object as a model, but cannot understand how it works.

Language dependent BC IOBJ /ERP/BUSAREA is sourced by HANA view: FCO_C_BUSINESS_AREA

As can be seen the view does NOT contain the language field SPRAS.

In the 'Maintain HANA-Assignments' of the IOBJ interface only the following two fields appear (as targets): '/ERP/BUSAREA' and '1TXTMD'.

The selectable HANA view fields (as sources) are: 'MANDT', 'GSBER' and 'GTEXT'.

Hence, there is NO mapping of a language field. Yet when I log in with English the text is in English and when I log on in another language the text is in that other language.

How is it possible that this works without a language field anywhere in the model???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still nobody has an explanantion for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I suppose that Netweaver somehow handles this.

I had a similar issue recently:

I had a Hana Live view containing a text join for units of measure (so that unit "ST" would translate to "PC" if on logs on in English).

This text join uses tables T006 and T006A.

OK, fine.  In HANA studio this worked fine.

Now, when we created a query on top of this view using Query Designer, we experience issues: error messages by the BI frontend tools.

So I removed the text join and the whole T006A table.

I thought that the translation would not happen, but it did happen anyways!
The only explanation is that by using BEx query Designer, we tapped into Netweaver which handles the translation.

If you would query your view in hana studio, I think the translation will not happen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas out there?