cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Settings Configurations for Mobile BO Application Requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the document which suggest to put several fileds in the SAP BO Mobile Application including :

a. In the Server URL field, enter the server URL provided to you by your IT administrator.

b. In the CMS name field, enter the SAP Business Objects Enterprise server name.

c. In the Auth. Method field, select the authentication method set up for you by your IT administrator.

d. In the Connection Preferences field, select the connection preference.

In point2, should the enterprise server should be exposed to internet? As when I am trying to fill the details, when I click on submit I am getting "Could not connect to server" error, because our enterprise server is inside our LAN in this case, only we have exposed the URL to outer world through reverse proxy.

Can somebody please guide.

Harsha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

This error would happen only when there is no connection happening to your Mobile Server via your reverse proxy.

BI platform does not needs to be exposed, its just your Mobile Server which you should be able reach with the reverse proxy.

Easy way is to see of there is any traffic coming to your Mobile Server system using tracing tools like fiddler or Wireshark. If not then redirection with the reverse proxy is not proper or there is some problem with the connection URL.

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas, thanks for your comments.

I actually checked and found that in the connection settings, I can access server URL which is set as a reverse proxy connection to my BI server. But the CMS name which I provided as my server name can only be available inside.

Which means I have a URL https://abc.com/ which pointing as reverse proxy to my BI server abc which is placed in inside LAN.

In CMS name I am providing abc (as in documents).

Therefore the error appears couldn't found server.

I also tried accessing URL https://abc.com/ from my phone browser and its working absolutely fine.

Seems native application has its own requirement.

Please help !!

0 Kudos

Ok. So if i understand it correctly you are not able to reach the CMS rather than the Mobile Server which is already exposed for connection.

For CMS then you should get an error around cms cannot be reached.

You should try using a CMS IP address or FQN which ever resolves to see if there is a problem around it.

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try to use FQDN of your CMS as Mobile server and CMS are in different network.

Instead of for e.g. BOCMSAPP:6400 using BOCMSAPP.DOMAIN.NET:6400

Answers (0)