cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easy expert error

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

I did create easy expert rule in the system . When I tried to execute for some specs , I got the following message . All other rules are not showing errors .

001: Start of LOG for specification *****************

002 : Error when calling secondary data determination using EHS Expert

003: RFC destination EHS_Expert does not exist .

004: END OF LOG for specification **********************

I know this can be fixed through some configuration but do not know where to go and fix these two error message .

any help  would be highly appreciated !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raphael_dasilva
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please consider :

For you to be able to use Easy Expert, an EH&S Expert server must be set up.

But ...

Unlike EH&S Expert, EH&S Easy Expert does not require the IMG activity

Extend Entry in Secondary Data Determination to be processed.

Instead, in the IMG activity Specify Environment Parameters for the parameter EXPERT_DEFAULT_DESTINATION, enter the description of the RFC destination as an environment parameter value.

This information can be found n IMG activity "Set Up Easy Expert".

Please make sure the RFC connection was created and also that Expert server is correctly running.

Best regards,

Raphael

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Great ! Will check but your response seems very convincing to me .

Thank you !

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

rfc error is gone but now still have error when calling secondary data determination . Which file is it trying to excell from the expert server or is there any rule associated with this mass change ?

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

did you checked the SAP online help as shown in the link i have posted?

In context of. " any rule associated with this mass change ?" => answer is; Yes there is a rule. Check:

Sample Set of Rules for EH&S Easy Expert - EH&S Expert - SAP Library

In context of: "now still have error when calling secondary data determination " => which error is coming up?

In conetx of "Which file is it trying to excell from the expert server" here i am not sure what you are "missing" or trying to explain

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

It was working before and now I am again getting different issue as below

Registry entry not found Registry Key(s) : HKLM/So ftware\technidata\ehs=addons\instances\defaulteasy expert .

the default destination is pointing to the correct entry of RFC

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

any update happened in windows etc. on the "server" used for "Expert" installation?

In internet you will find many "helpful tools" to repair "registry entries". If this will work here: no idea

C.B.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KG,

Can you give some tips on expert rule can we built it or we have to buy it form Ariel ??

i heard the we need server for expert rules?

Can you please guide on this or share some links ?

Expert rule to get notification status according to regulation based on composition right ...... first we will give composition based on starting material by running of expert rule we will get standard composition and legal composition according to that we will get notification status i'm i correct please guide me if i'm wrong................

Thanks

Satya

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satya

please start new thread.

Short answer to your questions:

a.) there are some content provider acting (ARIEl, SAP etc.) who deliver "expert rule sets". To use these content provider does only ! make sense if you buy the "full" content (in most cases)including phrases, wwi layout set. etc.

b.) yes you can built your own rules... refer to SPA EHS online help and may be check:

c.) in context of

"Expert rule to get notification status according to regulation based on composition right ...... first we will give composition based on starting material by running of expert rule we will get standard composition and legal composition according to that we will get notification status i'm i correct please guide me if i'm wrong................"

the story depends on the fact : do you buy content (expert rules) yes or no

Second: don't mix "material"and "specification. The property you might would like to use is normally not the property to look for "notification status" checks

If you don't buy content (expert rules) you can use completely different data model to "derive" by using a "rule" the notification status (please. don't look and "trust" to much in BOMBOS interface: this is only usefull if you only mix chemistry (which is in most cases not the fact).

C.B.

PS:

i heard the we need server for expert rules? => yes you must set up a "windows box" for Expert Server (check: EH&S Service Administration - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library)

Can you please guide on this or share some links ? => refer to link above => sorry there is really nothing else (useful) in SAP marketplace; Expert Server installation is therefore "more a miracle" in comparison to "WWI installation".

PPS: be ware of the fact that SAP has improved the" whole" story (performance etc. etc.); I believe to use some of the improvements you must activate EHS function as part of EnhPack 3

Please check SAP Marketplace and look for document with title:

Application Operations Guide

SAP EHS Management as Part of SAP ERP

THIS IS A REALLY WELL WRITTEN DOCUMENT !

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

some questions:

1.) I did create easy expert rule in the system . When I tried to execute for some specs , I got the following message . => does this means: this is a "random"  behaviour? For any spec is should work or not; but not "between" (some specs are ok; other not); assumption always. The RFC connection to EXPERT server is up and ok

2.)

001: Start of LOG for specification *****************

002 : Error when calling secondary data determination using EHS Expert

003: RFC destination EHS_Expert does not exist .

004: END OF LOG for specification **********************

The error message is quite clear: correct RFC connection is missing. PLease check customizing and especially RFC connection to expert server etc.

C.B.

PS: discussion on EHS easy xpert is on very low level; may be not more than 5 threads (e.g. )

and

EHS Easy Expert-job in background-successmessag... | SCN

PPS: make sure that you have understood the "limitations" of Easy expert. E.g. Check: EH&S Easy Expert - Specification Management (EHS-BD-SPE) - SAP Library

Check may be as well: Sample Set of Rules for EH&S Easy Expert - EH&S Expert - SAP Library

and the "general chapter": EH&S Easy Expert - EH&S Expert - SAP Library

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

hello CB

This error is only for easy expert .Do you know where in customizing we need to check ? I guess it is related to some settings to be done in Environment Parameters .