Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move and Delete Information Spaces and View sets from CMC

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to move few and delete few information spaces and view sets from CMC.

The reason I cant do from Explorer -> Manage is its not appearing there, may be because the underlying HANA views are not there. But the bottom line is I cannot manage them hence I cannot delete or move them.

So I thought of doing it from CMC.

Can anyone let me know I can move or delete them from CMC. I have admin rights.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vivek,

You need to validate the Explorer Workspace against a working datasource in order to delete &/or move it.  All Explorer workspace MUST be managed using Explorer with Admin permissions.

Ajay

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

in my case I can see Information views in CMC but not in explorer becasue the backend servers got changed. Hence those are not available in Explorer anymore.

But the Object in CMC is still there.

0 Kudos

Hello,

If your IS has disappeared from existing datasources, check if it is in 'Manage spaces' -> 'Source unavailable' (contains list of IS with non-existing datasources). Each of these dataproviders in 'Source unavailable' contains 0 or more IS that have 'lost' their datasource...You could delete it.

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Arnaud,

Sorry its not present there.

0 Kudos

What Explorer version do you have ?

Hum... if you could not see it in this section 'source unavailable' or in your HANA section, then may be your logged user has no right to access to it .

What did you mean by 'backend servers got changed' ? HANA, Explorer servers, BOE, ....

Did you do a migration ? or else

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arnaud,

We have one BOE server connected to Developement HANA server, the Information spaces were made on that, then our development HANA box changed. Hence There were several objects made on older HANA box, which are not present in new, hence we cannot see the underlying queries of the information space.