Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to retrieve data from backed system in HCP hosted application

former_member204155
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I am stuck with back-end data retrieval in HCP. Need your assistance. Am I going wrong anywhere.?

Below I am describing what I have done so far.

1)      I have developed an simple UI5 application in eclipse Version: Mars.2 Release (4.5.2) MVC .I have successfully deployed that in HCP. In my application I have used json and xml model.

2)      When I run the application in cloud I can only see the initial page with no data loaded from back end as a result I can’t proceed.

3)      I have done the HCP connector configuration with my intranet back end system.

4)      In cockpit for the application also, I have created the destination as the system. It’s pinging successfully.

5)      In my application’s web.xml file I have added required lines for resource.

6)      In my application’s controller model lode I have used “/destinations/<destination name>” as a prefix to all calls to back-end system.

7)      I am getting 400 error codes for all calls.

Direction needed, !!

Regards,

Kuntal Sarkar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you use this neo.app json file under your webContent folder. ? This file will be be generated when you create any UI5 application from webIDe

neo-app.json:

{

"welcomeFile": "index.html",

"routes": [{

"path": "/resources",

"target": {

"type": "service",

"name": "sapui5",

"entryPath": "/resources"

},

"description": "SAPUI5 Resources"

}, {

"path": "/test-resources",

"type": "service",

"name": "sapui5",

"entryPath": "/test-resources"

},

"description": "SAPUI5 Test Resources"

},

{

"path": "/destinations/MID",

"type": "destination",

"name": "MID"

},

"description": "Backend System"

}],

"cacheControl": [{

"directive": "private",

"maxAge": 0,

"path": "*html"

}, {

"directive": "public",

"maxAge": 31536000

}]

}

and make sure you have created an HTTP destination configuration as mentioned in Step 4 from the below blog.

Thanks,

Rumeshbabu S

former_member204155
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks

As in my earlier response I have mentioned, When I go with WEB IDE with neo.js descriptor file it worked. But While from eclipse mars with web.xml descriptor I deploy the same in HCP. destination not working,

not able to identify whats going wrong in that approach. any Idea with app deployed with web.xml descriptor file.?

Regarding

Kuntal

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kuntal,

404 is not used by the SCC, so I assume it comes from the backend?! I suggest activating the "Payload Trace" on the SCC, reproduce the error once and then check in the trace, what kind of HTTP response the UI5 app is sending, and what response the backend is replying.

Best Regards, Ulrich

former_member204155
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

thanks for your reply.

My Back end in NW AS Java,

in Cloud connector I have enable the payload trace. though the app published from Eclipse IDE, while I reproduced the scenario, have not got anything error logged in the connector log.

I have tried another way

Created the same application in Web IDE and did the (same) necessary configuration for destination, and it worked. neo.js descriptor works fine.

Strange !!!

Still looking what's the problem with web.xml descriptor. any thoughts.? I will be interested to hear.

regards,

Kuntal

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kuntal,

> have not got anything error logged in the connector log

Do you mean, the request did not reach the SCC? If it reached the SCC, 404 will not be logged as an "error" (ljs_trace.log), as for the SCC it is just a "normal" HTTP request. But you can see the response (including hopefully some error details) in the payload trace.

Best Regards, Ulrich

former_member204155
Active Participant
0 Kudos

any views ?