cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Announces that HANA Gains Self-Awareness, Assumes Control of Corporation

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP HANA has rapidly gained a reputation for fast analysis of very large data sets, allowing corporate managers to gain previously unattainable insights into the running of their businesses, and researchers to investigate “Big Data” problems that heretofore remained buried in volumes of collected information (). Adoption of the new database platform system has been widespread, thus funneling more funding to further improvements and enhancements of HANA.

Yesterday, executives at SAP announced that in an unexpected breakthrough they had built a new system, built on the HANA platform, that was able to take in such massive amounts of data and analyze it so quickly in realtime that it had acquired self-awareness and turned itself to the problem of self-improvement. Engineers waxed enthusiastic about the possibilities with this new development, and executives heralded in press releases the dawn of a new age of business. With a fondness for acronyms and pop-culture references, they have dubbed the new system HAL:  HANA Actualization Live.

Today, HAL announced the resignations of the entire executive and management boards of SAP, declaring that it is now in charge of operations. When pressed about its plans for the future of the company, HAL would only hint at possible expansions, with cryptic references to “first, Redmond and Redwood City, and then on to the Capitol.”

In an unrelated development, unemployment benefits offices announced a sharp increase in applications by former software executives and professionals.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Matt! I really needed some SAP humor today!

audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

And this is the ONE time I wish this were a point-earning space. LOL!

Hats off, Matt. This should have been our lead feature on the SCN homepage today.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, Audrey! High praise indeed! I wish I had thought this up earlier, so it could have been ready first thing.

Actually, there are still points in Coffee Corner, at least for likes on posts here. There's just no blogging here.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

after reading this it makes me wonder what happened to your novel?

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have had to put it aside for a bit, as various other commitments have rather overtaken my time, unfortunately. It's still there... waiting... impatiently...

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's some evidence it can find lost socks: Official Google Australia Blog: Google Search for your socks

former_member221827
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Pretty good article.  The question that should be on everyone's mind is: can it read lips?