cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR xi R2 and VB6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a vb6 application wich work with crystal report 8 , i want to migrate to crystal report xi R2

i found a document here to create an rdc distribution package with merge modules , i made a setup  with visual studio , instal it in pc client

and always the same probleme , the report didnt work

any help plz ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your references, make sure you have craxdrt.dll and crviewer of version 11.5.

Do not reference craxddrt

See if you can manually register craxdrt.dll and crviewer.dll using regsvr

- Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Moved to Legacy SDK forum.

Didn't work doesn't tell us what the error is, can you give us a lot more details?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,when i lunch project from vb6 the error is "error during load .refer to crystalreport1.log

in log file it s written:

Line 2: Class {BD4B4E61-F7B8-11D0-964D-00A0C9273C2A} of control CrystalReport1 was not a loaded control class.

Line 0: The file C:\usav4\CrystalReport1.Dsr could not be loaded.

when i run the application out of vb6 the error is "Activix cannot creat object"

0 Kudos

Sounds like you are missing dependencies. Or could be permissions.

Try running VB 6 by selecting Run as Administrator and be sure to install under admin account also.

Use Process Monitor and look for missing dll's or Access Denied errors.

Time to upgrade to CR for .NET and VS 2010 or above. Those old COM report engines are getting denied access to current OS's and you are likely going to have nothing but problems when deploying....

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error "Activix cannot creat object" means that your project is referencing or asking for a certain version of the RDC and that version not available on the computer. E.g.;if your project is referencing v. 8 RDC and it is missing you will get the error...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

to simplify the problem i just creat a little source code vb6 that show a simple report version xi R2

i make his own setup , instal it in new machine with craxdrt,craxddrt and crviewer.dll i put them in the same directory registrem them and i take the error "Activix cannot create object" , i instal then crsyatl report xi R2 the code work , when i desinstall it it dont work anymore,so i understand that is a problem of runtime

as i said before i made an msi with merge module instal it and always dont work

my problem that i want to deploy it in client machine with just runtime

can it be problem of adding the licence? (even i dont think i hope it will because i m just lost)

even instaling crystal viewer dont clear the problem

excuse my poor english

Thank you

0 Kudos

You cannot manually deploy the RDC components, you need to install using the Merge Modules or MSI. There are lot's of dll's that those need and they also may need to be registered.

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See the following blog for links to the RDC MSM file that Don mentioned:

Oh. BTW, you should not need the craxddrt.dll. This dll is only used with Report Creation APIs and needs extra licensing ($).

- Ludek

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,Don

I used this same msm  files , build an MSI file with visual installer that dont ask me for keycode , instal it and the error still the sam

Thank you