cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share the challenges of PMS template in Upgrade to EHP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Folks,

We are planning to upgrade from EHP2 to EHP7.

Normally, every year on april month we release the PMS documents for all the employees. But now the up-gradation will happen in July month and that time client wanted to introduce a new template with the combinations of PMS etc. How to handle this case, pl give some light on this as i am new to PMS project.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Folks,

Ur suggestions are very Valuable to me.

Pl share your experiences in upgrade versions for PMS concept- Appraisal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think some major challenges at Template level, but at POWL on portal there might be some impact may happen.

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jay,

Thanks for your response.

Scenario: Now, releasing PMS documents for the year of 2016 in the current system and besides some plans are there for Upgrade EHP7, that will be completed on July month.

Client is coming with the new template with the combination of PMS and plans.This new template developments and releases should happen once upgrade ehp7 got completed.

Question: How to control the two documents for FY 2016-17?

Suggestion, Pl

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, what do you mean by plans? EHP7 upgradation or modifications in PMS Template.

if it is upgradation then take care about POWL

and if it is about modifications in Appraisal template then you have to take care of many things.

in later part your asking about two template, are u going to release one more template after upgradation?

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Joy,

Thanks for your inputs.

1. No changes in Current system, New template will be released after upgarde to EHP7 only.

2. Once EHP7 upgrade, new template need to develop and release in  PRD system that time Old appraisal document data should copy into new template and continue for mid year review process. Let me know how to handle this scenario- Technically how to fix this case as well.

3. Checked with WF consultant and confirmed that no problems will come that means everything will be the same.

UR inputs are very helpful to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After upgradation you can release new template.

To copy data from existing template you have to implement doc_bc Badi to flow data from existing template to new template, its bit tricky be careful while implementing that.

or else instead of importing all data from old doc, import only final values which will be used in final review rest data you can show by creating link in new template by calling Old doc. in this case you have to keep both documents assigned to employee

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jay,

Helpful info.

Will check with my technical person about 1st option and then will go for second option.

Actually, this is first project on PMS system to me. Can you share any doc to create link in new template, how?

One more option, Download/Upload option - how it works in this case?

Suggest me@

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jay,

Pl update...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murari,

Create link of existing document is also technical enhancement, you have to enhance WD application and add link to display existing template.

About download/upload option, i don't think which will suffice your requirement.

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Jai,

Thanks for your updates.

I will check with my technical person regarding a link through webdynpro option.

Rgd download/upload option, will provide a z program to download data from previous appraisal document and upload it in current appraisal document(new template released) by comparing the columns and criteria group.

This is just assumptions only, need to check which is feasible to easy of the process from mid year review stage onwards.

Thanks,

Murari

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think creating link is most efficient and easy way to go ahead, which avoids risk of any kind of inconsistency in data mapping of Old template to new template.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jayesh,

Thanks for your valid and best solution creating link instead download program.

Once again thanks for your information.

Closing the call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

good to know tht issue is resolved

Answers (0)