cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input enabled query issue with Characteristic relationship using Exits

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an input enabled query on a Infocube and in RSPLAN we have defined Characteristic Relationship using User exit . We have written this exit with reference to class CL_RSPLS_CR_EXIT_BASE. This exit works as expected because when we open a query we could see data which is fetched using teh Exit.(Let us say, in our real time cube we got value for product, but not for product group. we wanted to fill the product group after executing the planning function and before saving the data into Real time cube,when we open the Query in AFO(analysis for Office) we could see the product group data).

But the problem is the query which gets open up is not input enabled, we are not sure what is going wrong here....

Then we tried to test the input enabled query for the same infoprovider, so in RSPLAN we defined a Characteristic Relationship using DSO then in that case when we open the query in AFO the query is input enabled.

so we need help on what is missing in our case and why when we use Exit in Char. Relationship the query open in readonly mode ..

Thanks in advance...

A.Dinesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Also check your aggregation level on which query is built. You can exclude target Char from agg level so it will be derived in back end,if you include it in Agg level it will be consider a char for Input ready query.

Regards,

Indu

0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

No ur understanding is wrong, sorry for not making it clear in my question.I will try to put it in a different way now:

when the char. relation is based on DSO read query opens in a input enabled mode but the same query when I change the Char relation to Exit read it opens in a read only mode .

We are not sure are we missing something in our exit. Because this is the first time we using the Exit.

Note:

But in both the cases, that is in DSO read mode as well as in Exit read mode  the data is read and getting displayed in query O/P properly.

@ Indu --> As I mentioned above  same query with DSO read as char relation opens in edit mode but the Exit read opens in a read only mode ....

Thanks in advance...

A.Dinesh

0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

a characteristic relationship has no effect on what you call 'input mode' or 'read only' mode. A query is opened in display mode or change mode (setting in the query designer). If a characteristic relationship is inconsistent you will get a corresponding error message when the query is started in change mode.

It may happen that the query is started in change mode but no cell is input-ready since the characteristic relationships detects the cells not to be correct according to the relationships. In your case just set a break-point in the CHECK method of your exit relation. Maybe all call just return

E_VALID = ABAB_FALSE.

Read the documentation of the base class of the exit implementation, especially the documentation in transaction SE24 on the method level.

Regards,

Gregor

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

take my question also as a suggestion to what to try.

What happens if you deactivate the char relationship? Ist the query then in read mode?

What are the source and the target char and where are they used in the query?

My assumption is, that you are not using the target char properly and you probably get multiple selections out of the exit. multiple selections ususally lead to a non input ready query.

put your target char into the rows of the query and tell us, what happens.,

regards

Cornelia

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Gregor & Cornelia for quick response and helpful answer. Adding the line  E_VALID = ABAB_FALSE solved the issue.

It will be great if you  could tell me why should we add this line?

Thanks & Regards

A.Dinesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

do I understand it right, that the exact same query does open Input enabled when you deactivate the char relationship?

The target char of your char relationship is which one? Is it used in the rows od your query? or where is it used?

regards

Cornelia

0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

No ur understanding is wrong, sorry for not making it clear in my question.I will try to put it in a different way now:

when the char. relation is based on DSO read query opens in a input enabled mode but the same query when I change the Char relation to Exit read it opens in a read only mode .

We are not sure are we missing something in our exit. Because this is the first time we using the Exit.

Note:

But in both the cases, that is in DSO read mode as well as in Exit read mode  the data is read and getting displayed in query O/P properly.

Thanks in advance...

A.Dinesh