cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Root user cannot read the Start Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing a peculiar issue. In our SAP system(Linux platform)... the Development system and QAS system the root users can read the /sapmnt/SID/profile/Start Profile.

But in production it is showing the permission denied. though the permission for the start profile is same at all the systems.

I have shared the screens at below:

I am not getting any clue where all the permissions are same. And sap is running at all the systems. Can anybody help me ?

Regards

Asaduzzaman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your production system is on distributed environment. And /sapmnt/SID is a NFS mountpoint which is shared from CI. Because of that you are getting permission error.

Regards,

Jithin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes  /sapmnt/SID is a NFS mount point. the Server which are not shared,, these are ok with same permission. How to resolve  it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like in erpbangdev host ,,, which is ok. But bangprod_app1 is not ok. Erpbangdev is central system and Bangprod_app1 is the NFS getting from CI server. Though Laattr is same.

former_member186228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I hope your IT team can resolve this issue. This is due to NFS files system permission issue.

You can view the setting by viewing below file.

/proc/fs/nfs/exports.

Regards,

Jithin

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Need result for the start profile file by using as similar

# lsattr START_DVEBMGS00_bangprod_appl

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , ls -la command out put is already shared please check the screenshot.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you share result for following commands

1. # id

2. cd  /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile

# lsattr

Regards,

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you sure you were logged on as "root"?

(it doesn't hurt to ask )

Did your Linux team perform any special configuration on this server related to security (e.g., SELinux or others)?

Regards,

Isaías