cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

launchpad.support.sap.com - &sap-language ignored?

joachimrees1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The new Support-Launchpad seems to ignore the &sap-language parameter completely? 😞

I selected EN, but still everything stays German:

Try it for yourselfe:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/?&sap-language=EN

In case your language is English, you can probabaly reproduce the effect with that link:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/?&sap-language=DE

So, how do I get an English User-Interface? (e.g. to make screenshots for SCN that everyone can understand).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181891
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

The best place to edit your language preference is from your User Profile dropdown menu (on the top right of your screen).

From there, click User Profile.  Then click the Edit (pencil) icon in the bottom right:

Next, you will edit the Language field, using the drop down menu to select English.  Save your changes by clicking the green check mark in the bottom right corner.

You can find more information about personalization in our blog article here:

I hope this was helpful for you.  If not, please let me know and I'd be happy to investigate further.

Best Regards,

Jamie

joachimrees1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Jamie,

thank you very much, it works fine that way.

But it's still strange that the ?&sap-language -paramter is ignored completely - is that a wanted behavoiur (why?) or a bug?

best

Joachim

former_member181891
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

This is known behavior, though I'm not sure of the technical specifics behind it.  As you may know, working through the Launchpad helps you avoid logging in multiple times through various authentications between applications, so it's possible that the operation of changing the site language itself may be more complex than it appears on the front end.  Either way, the engineers have confirmed that this is expected behavior.

Best,

Jamie

joachimrees1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

ok, thanks for the clarification!

best

Joachim

former_member181891
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're very welcome.  Glad I could help!

Best,

Jamie

Answers (0)