Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workstatus table Housekeeping

manohar_pappireddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SAP BPC10 NW.(SAPK-80010INCPMBPC).BW7.3(SAPKW73010).

We have work status enabled and around 5 million records are sitting in work status tables.

Any house keeping jobs available for Work status tables?

Thanks,

Manohar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor

5 million records... Looks a lot! For how many years?

manohar_pappireddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

We have 3 environments.This 5 million count is for the 3 tables.(3 years is the time period.)

Yes,we have to change work status for lot of members on monthly basis.

So the number is growing very fast.

Checking lot of notes and threads but no luck so far.

Thanks,

Manohar

manohar_pappireddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any body knows any manual steps to delete older records from work status tables?

Thanks,

Manohar

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not recommend to delete old work status records. For example some month in past  is locked by work status. You delete this record and this period will become open for changes...

manohar_pappireddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks a lot for the response.Now I have checked the work status tables for one set of fillters.

There is only one record(latest record)for the specific selection.I was under the impression that each time we change work status one new entry will be generated.But it seems that record is being over written with the latest change.

So house keeping for work status tables is not required.

Thanks,

Manohar

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's exactly what I want to tell you! You can clear work status table only if you cleared data cube

manohar_pappireddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We keep 3 years data in the system.Now we don't have data for 2012,2013 years in the cubes.

But the work status entries for those years still there.We should have a mechanism to delete those entries where transaction data is not available.

Thanks,

Manohar

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case you may write a small program in abap to delete the records directly from the work status table. I do not assume any issues...

manohar_pappireddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After implementing 2053697 - ABAP report to remove obsolete work status for data region

notes, we can use "UJW_WS_TEST" program to delete the records based on Category and Time dimension.

Thanks,

Manohar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manohar,

Please refer to the note  1705431 it may help you .

Thank you.

Regards,

Yosra

manohar_pappireddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yosra,

Thank you very much for the response.This note is not dealing with the Work Status tables.

Thanks,

Manohar