cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print-out is rotated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am printing a label on a label printer. It get's rotated by 90°. In the print-preview it is correct.

This looks to me like the rotation is configured in the printer. Do you have any experiences with this?

The label has been designed with adobe forms in landscape format.

Kind regards,

Benjamin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Benjamin,

is a Zebra-printer used for label printing?

The reason I am asking is that (although I am not 100% sure on this) Zebra Printing Language does not define "portrait" or "landscape" format.

I have checked some Zebra guidelines right now and no information on portrait / landscape have been provided.

SAP Note #750772 - "Information about the ZPL-II printer driver for Smart Forms" describes that

Important note:

Only use PORTRAIT orientation in Smart Forms.. It is not possible to rotate the orientation of the label by 90 degrees by selecting the LANDSCAPE orientation setting. Technical background: The ZPL-II printer control language does not contain any command for rotating the output of the entire label by 90 degrees. It is therefore not possible for the printer driver to rotate the label by 90 degrees using Orientation=LANDSCAPE.

I know ADS is used here (instead of SmartForms), but if this is a limitation by the Zebra Printing Language, I assume that ADS faces the same issue.

Please also see:

Best regards,

Laszlo

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Do you use any plug-ins in your Printer drivers

If yes there are few options in plug-ins where you can maintain the rotation . Please ask your Printer team for this details

Regards,

Murali

Answers (0)