cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel update changed webgui behavior, expecting PERSONAS add-on that isn't installed?

davidbest
Explorer
0 Kudos

I recently updated the kernel on an ERP EHP7 system.  After the update, we see a new dialog popup box which says "Initialization of SAP PERSONAS failed".  We do not have PERSONAS installed in this system.

In the browser console, I see an HTTP 404 for a GET request for an ICF node, which doesn't exist in the system.  Specifically, it is looking for:

http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/personas3/core/script/sap/personas/fw/its/init.js?1459884031760

I don't see /sap/bc/personas3 in SICF.

We are on the 7.42 kernel for Windows x64 and SAP_BASIS level is 04.  I updated to the level 300.  I then applied disp+work package with patch level 329, in order to try out the new 'high performance kernel' that's supposed to be available in patch 311. 

We were quite far behind in this system (7.42 patch 28), and I see that there are many PERSONAS-related changes in the change history.  Does anyone know if we must implement PERSONAS to be able to use the webgui?  Is there some configuration somewhere, that controls this behavior?  Can I make the system stop looking for PERSONAS resources?

Thanks,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

davidbest
Explorer
0 Kudos

In case anyone else has this issue, I found a way to suppress this error message.  I used the URL parameter to launch the web GUI and the error message no longer appears.

Deactivating SAP Screen Personas in SAP GUI for HTML - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

the following notes will not apply to your scenario but might be of interest if people are searching on this search term "Initialization of SAP PERSONAS failed".

BC-PER 2313501 Initialization of SAP PERSONAS failed and the note

BC-PER 2276155 SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP1+2: Disable Personas runtime completely in case no a

Regards, Oisin

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

No, you do not need to install the SAP Screen Personas 3.0 to use the WEBGUI.

SAPKB74004 is quite old. Do you intend to upgrade to a more recent support package stack in the near future?

You can try updating the ITS handler class, by implementing for example, SAP Note 2163839. You don't need to set the parameter mentioned in the note, but only implement it via SNOTE.

I also would suggest to follow the steps from KBA 2234414 - making sure that the ITS MIMEs are correctly available to the web browser.

At last, delete the web browser cache and the server cache.

I hope this helps,

Cris