cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX Indexing - Search results and consistency check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We were not getting search results in NAKISA My Employee listing.

In testing system, upon recreating all indexes, I noticed that the consistency check was in yellow status - "No search results for ***~HRTMC_****~ request DEFAULT; check authoriz./indexing in back end" for all HRTMC connectors other than AES Documents, Elements and Templates.

The indexing user has SAP_ALL authorizations.

Search results in ESH_TEST_SEARCH in Expert mode is not returning any results apart from the 3 connectors which does not consistency issues.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, as the search in expert mode doesn't return results too I doubt this is an issue with the missing authorization. It could be a problem related to the data model (f.e. mistake in the attribute definitions , unnecessary conditions ...) or a problem on the TREX side. What's the TREX version you use ? Do you se any error messages in the TrexIndexServer trace recorded, that match by the time with the execution of query in esh_test_search ? Best regards, Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

The TREX version is 7.10. We were told by SAP to upgrade the TREX. However, everything was working fine until Dec.

When we do a full indexing (recreate connectors and run indexing) - there is no consistency error and we get search results in portal.

Later, when the real time indexing runs in the background, all indexes fail consistency check, we start getting error in the change pointer table for CentralPerson and portal does not seem to work.

The issue seems to be confusing. Portal search works on full index but on real time index, it stops working.

The image given below is from IndexServer trace.

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I mean the exact patch level for TREX (f.e Revision 57 , 63 ...). From the attached trace it's not possible to identify the reason of the issue. As you run into the problem only when the RTI jobs running I suppose that the settings for the memory deltas are wrong or the authorization indexes are somehow corrupted. Could you please check if the notes 2174128 and 2199115 are suitable for you. You can also open an OSS incident so that we could check your system. Thanks and best regards, Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

The TREX version is 7.10.49.

We raised an OSS (19401/2016) with SAP and were told to consider changing to Rev 64.

Problem is:

1. The clients do not want to upgrade (there is plans for migration SuccessFactors)

2. It used to work until last year. So what changed recently?

Thanks for the Note. I will check those right away.

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi , the REV 49 is definitely too old as you use the scenario based on the Enterprise Search. There is a long list of fixes provided between REV 50 and currently available REV 68. I looked into the OSS 19401 2016 and see that my colleague provided much more recommendations related to the configuration on the TREX and application side. Did you follow these recommendations already ? Best regards, Mikhail

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun.

Have you followed Mikhail's colleague's instructions and resolved this issue or is it still outstanding?

If it's resolved can you please mark any answer that enabled this and close the thread; otherwise can you provide details about the instructions and their impact and any changes in the issue?

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stepehen,

Apologies. I thought I had marked and closed this.

We are upgrading the TREX system as per SAP's recommendation, which would resolve the issue.

Closing the thread.

Thanks.

Answers (0)