cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW can be implemented on S/4HANA, What is the best way to do it?

snatic
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can any expert clarify now with S/4HANA how BW will be implemented, S/4HANA is implemented in a Netweaver 7.5 that mean have your own BW 7.5, if is not needed more databases than HANA, BW can be implemented on the same box with S/4HANA or is needed install in a diferent box in same HANA instance?, can any clarify this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

There is an Embedded Analytics concept in S/4HANA which has some analytics tools options within the S/4HANA system.

I have expleined this in details in the following blogs:(3 Parts)

http://scn.sap.com/community/s4hana/blog/2016/03/10/sap-s4hana-embedded-analytics-a-detailed-walkthr...

But when it concerned to EDW or Consolidation from multiple sources, an BW seperate box would be recommended.

I have seen with a customer where S/4 and BWoH systems are connected via DB connect.

We need to provide the CDS view SQL View name in the BW side and the data is replicated in BW without any DTP inbetween..

BR

Prabhith

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

BW has always been a part of Netweaver platform. Now, with Hana, I assume that CPU impact for BI activities is now acceptable for  ECC activities. Both activities can run on the same DB without impairing each other. The interesting point is that no replication is needed, your BI reports are directly executed on your ECC tables.

So, if your BI reports are only built on top of ECC data and if your BI users have an acceptable CPU consumption, your assumption is right, no need for an additionnal box.

But, if you need to build an Enterprise Datawarehouse with data coming from multiple systems, then an additionnal box is probably the best architecture.

Regards,

Frederic