cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an operation for use in the payroll schema that will query the processing period when it is an off-cycle?

0 Kudos

Dear Experts:

When configuring new rules in the payroll schema that require specific start pay periods we use the operation CMPER to check the processing period. This logic does not properly query the processing period when it is an off-cycle that is processing. Instead, when an off-cycle is queried against a year and pay period, the results always return as FALSE or "*".

Is there an operation for use in the payroll schema that will query the processing period when it is an off-cycle?

If not, might you suggest an alternate solution?

Kind regards,

Darcy Cogdell

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I created a rule that seems to solve my question asked above:

Biweekly pay period comparison against PP1/2013 - commonly used.

Off-cycle pay date (BONDT) comparison against PP1/2013 BEGDA 12/23/2012 which is represented as a numeric value: 41266. Subtract the numeric value 41266 of 12/23/2012 from the numeric value of the pay date for the currently processing off-cycle payroll; then compare the answer to zero. If the number is negative, the processing pay date is before 41266, otherwise it is on or after 41266.

Kind regards,

Darcy Cogdell

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Darcy,

I am also working on same requirement and its strange why CMPER dont work for off-cycle. Is this will work for CMPERRMM also to compare For Period with In Period?

Thanks

Govi

0 Kudos

Correction:  December 23, 2012 is represented in SAP as 734860 which is the number of days between 01/01/0001 and December 23, 2012.

Regards,

Darcy Cogdell