cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Categorization mandatory on End button before the interaction is closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Below are the details of the issue we are facing in current SAP IC and Genesys integration. Our scenario is when the agent is connected with client over the call, we need to make categorization as Hard stop for the user, they should not able to 'End' the interaction record, till the time categorization is maintained in the interaction record.

Agent should maintain all Mandatory fields on interaction record and save IR before clicking on End Button.

I could see many posts for this requirement and implemented by setting VETO, but unfortunately its (Setting VETO) not helping in my scenario. The reason is our flow like this - As soon as Agent clicks on 'Hang UP' button agent work mode is getting changed to 'Wrap up' during this mode agent maintains all required data on IR. But if Agent does not maintain mandatory fields on IR and click on 'End' button work mode is getting changed immediately to 'Not Ready'. And call is concluded on Genesys side. In this case when we set VETO in method IF_CRM_IC_PREPARE_FOR_CALLBACK~EXECUTE only stops IR saving. But as Agent mode is getting set by javascript we cannot control that. if VETO is set to true then agent work mode should not change from Wrap up to ‘Not Ready’ on End button. So we can send call result values to Genesys based on Categorization.

Can you please let me know how to deal with mandatory fields as well as Agent work mode together?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhushan,

you did not specify how is integration CRM - Genesys achieved. Do you use Gplus adapter or any other server-server integration, using ICI protocol?

If I assume standard ICI integration, then you be should be able to achieve the goal using:

1) implementing check in badi ORDER_SAVE - here, if the condition is not fulfilled, then raise DO_NOT_SAVE and the system will interrup save of the interaction record, which is triggered by End button, latest. I am not sure if VETO method is at right place to help you out.

AND

2) Implement OSS note 2144102 - End the Wrap Up only After a Successful Interaction
End
. This note will synchronize CTI communication with interaction process, i.e. if the interaction process is not complete, the CTI is not commanded to end wrap-up mode.

We use this approach and it is quite reliable.

Regards,

Dawood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dawood. The note is the perfect solution for our issue, many thanks

Answers (0)