Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with respect to Component BC-XI-IBD

former_member268919
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

This is regarding below two errors in log viewer belonging to component BC-XI-IBD

1) No hostname and Http port defined in Exchange profile sld.<SID>.<hostname>

2) Creating CIM client failed. Parameter password is empty.

SAP Process Orchestration system 7.40 on Oracle 11

This system was recently upgraded to 7.40 and we saw the first error mentioned above "No hostname and http port defined...." in D, Q and P system.

Hence we applied note 2198240, in which it says to change property of usage_type setting from XPI to CE

After we applied the change throughout the landscape the error "No hostname and http port..." were NOT occurring in systems

But we found strange thing ONLY in production system, we started receiving  the second error "Creating CIM client failed. Parameter password is empty"
For the second error we found note 1638667, which says to change usage_type setting property from CE to XPI.

We want to get rid of this reoccurring errors everday.

Kindly let me know your expert views.

regards,

Trever

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

mate_moricz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Trev,

Markus's answer is right. If you have a PI system which is Java only the usage type has to be AEX. If it's a simple NW Java without PI the usage type should be CE. There is a fix for non-PI installations that will remove the errors from the default traces. Check SAP Note 2217231.

Regards,

Mate

markus_reiter
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Trev,

I have been running into the same situation as you. But on a NW Java without any other product (so no XPI, no portal, ...)

First of all, you write that your system is Process Orchestration (PO). On our PO system (that did never show these errors) com.sap.aii.ibrep.core.usage_type in XPI Service: AII Config Service is set to AEX. I do not think that CE is the correct setting for a PI / PO system!

But lets come back to a pure NW Java without PI / PO: We had the error messages described in notes 2198240 and 1435267. So I changed com.sap.aii.ibrep.core.usage_type to CE. After that, it was not possible to make the other changes to Java System properties as described in the notes, because these properties now were no longer available.

After that we had the same error messages "Creating CIM client failed...." as you.

Thats what we did to get rid of these errors:

- Change usage type to XPI again

- Restart system

- Do the other changes to XPI Services as decribed in notes 2198240 and 1435267.

- Change usage type to CE again

- Restart system

Now the error messages are gone, and we did NOT have to change log configuration!

Regards

Markus

former_member268919
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Feng,

Did you find any solution for this?

Hello Experts,

Need your suggestions here.

Thanks.

Regards,

Trev Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've same situation with you.

No solution now.

former_member268919
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Feng,

Do you have any solution for the errors?

Thanks.

Regards,

Trev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, not yet.

former_member268919
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Has anyone encountered such situation or errors in Log viewer of PO system, mentioned in original post above?

Please let us know your expert views.

Thanks.