cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem on archieving Material Master (con2)

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My problem is related to the following Forums -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3505830

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3875362

I recently tested to archieve another Finished Good Material and found the following errors –

MBEW: 8200 plant is assigned to the valuation area

Message no. W4031

Diagnosis

The material cannot be archived for this valuation area since the material is still used in dependent tables.

Procedure

Delete these dependencies. You can then archive the material for the valuation area.

MARC: 8200 dependent special stocks at the customer exist

Message no. W4098

Procedure

Reduce the dependent special stocks of the material at the customer's to zero. You can then archive the material.

MARA:  Dependent material master data still exists

Message no. W4134

I think the main problem should be the 2nd error “W4098” but I found there is already no any stock in MMBE & MB52, and the last movement of this FG was on 23.12.2006. Even if I had archieved this FG in special stock object “MM_SPSTOCK”. The above errors were still found when archieving through Material Master object “MM_MATNR”.

Could you advise how to fix the above errors so as to archieve the FG Material ?

Tks,

KH Fong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

For the above error "W4098", would like to clarify whether the Material must be archieved in special stock object "MM_SPSTOCK" 1st ? If so, I found some strange when archieving in object "MM_SPSTOCK" as below -

In "Write" function, the "no. of written data objects" was "1" -

However, in "Delete" function, the "no. of deleted data objects" was "0" -

In "Management" function, the "Status was "Deletion Completed" -

Could you advise whether it was succeeded to archieve the Material in the object "MM_SPSTOCK" ?

One more problem is that I could not find related "Archive Infostructure for the object "MM_SPSTOCK" under "Information System - Customizing", could you also advise ?

Tks,

KH Fong

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

of course you have to archive batches for a material prior to a material.

What you found could be caused by a program error as described in OSS note 1977450 - MM_SPSTOCK: Archiving special stocks

I guess I said it already in earlier replies, before you archive any data make sure that you have the system up-to-date with all OSS notes.  Archiving is a very critical activity and not every damage can be repaired and you can loose your data.

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

Thanks for your advised SAP Note 1977450. I just found there was already no any stock in MB52 & MMBE and the last movement of the Material was already on 23.12.2006. As advised by you previously, the archieving object "MM_MATNR" only checks the stocks of Material within the latest 2 years.

Could you advise how to check whether there is hided special stock(s) as above ? Which table(s) can be used to check ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

usually special stock can be seen in MMBE, you only need to mark the checkbox to show it.

Contact your MM consultant for help.

Checking for stock in general (table MARD) is quite different from having depending data like batches and special stocks.

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

In MARD, still found all kinds of stocks are in 0 Qty and Value, and only showed two periods of "200305" and "200612" for the relevant Material as below -

Could you also advise ?

Tks,

KH Fong

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That would be sufficient if you had no batches and no special stock. But you said you have, so you need to archive that first before SAP allows you to archive a material.

Just imagine a user uses MSC3N to check a batch and the material master would already been archived, then the user could only see the number like it is in MCHA table but could not know to which material it belongs since the description is not stored redundant, it would have been gone from MAKT along with the material master.

If you have a batch in MCHA, MCH1 and/or MCHB  then this is just evident that you can't archive the material. There are many other tables that show special stock, see the wiki and check those tables in SE16: Stock Tables and Stock Types - ERP SCM - SCN Wiki

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Tks Jurgen,

Just found the Material record in related stock table MSKU (Special Stocks with Customer) as below, but the record was already in 2007 (before 2 years) with 0 Qty & 0 Value. Does it also affect archieving the Material Master (object: "MM_MATNR") ?

Tks,

KH Fong

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, alone from the fact that it exists. it is depending data. it has to be archived with MM_SPSTOCK prior to archive MM_MATNR

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

Thanks for your advice again. Could you also answer the following question ?

For implementing the Correction Instruction of SAP Note 1977450, if we are using ERP 2005 (without Enhancement Package upgraded), should we apply the Correction Instruction Version 600 (no. 1384463) ?

Tks,

KH Fong

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never had to choose such version myself, notes are implemented with transaction SNOTE, SAP implements the correction instruction version that fits to your system automatically

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Juergen / Experts,

The above error W4098 had been solved AFTER testing to check the chechboxes "Consignment" & "Other special stocks" in the "Write" Variant of the object "MM_SPSTOCK". Then, tested to archieve this object again and then both "Write" and "Delete" functions were worked as below -

Write Variant -

Write mode

Delete mode

Therefore, does it mean that the above mentioned SAP Note 1977450 is NOT required to implement in our system ?

Just one more question - Compared the screens of "Write" mode in this msg and the above msg on 11-04-2016 at 05:25 am, I was confused by one object called "PRE01  1  Help structure for mass access to material". Therefore, I was previsouly confused that one Material no. was archieved in "Write" mode (but actually none) and the "Number of Written Data Objects" was shown as "1" at that time. For this testing that I inputted two Material nos. in the "Write" Variant and then it was mentioned separately in the "Write" mode as "MSKU  2  Special Stocks with Customer" and the "Number of Written Data Objects" was shown as "3" in both "Write" mode and "Management" section (as below), though the "Number of Deleted Data Objects" was still shown as "2" in the above "Delete" mode (while it was "0" shown in the above Msg. on 11-04-2016 at 05:25 am & that's why I guessed the "Delete" function was not worked.) -

Therefore, does it mean that ONE MORE OBJECT is assumed to be counted in the "Write" mode when archieving this object "MM_SPSTOCK" ?

For your ref., after testing to archieve the object "MM_SPSTOCK (Special Stock)", tested to archieve the object "MM_MATNR (Material Master)" in "Test" mode and then no error was found.

Tks,

KH Fong

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Any Expert(s) can help to answer my above questions ?

Tks,

KH Fong

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search the SAP Marketplace for OSS notes using the search term: MM_SPSTOCK PRE01

I could get 11, among them 1007647 - MM_SPSTOCK: Unnecessary archive creation  which explains that it is a bug if an archive is written that has only the PRE01 entry. But the others are also important since they fix cases there less is deleted than written, and again the PRE01 record is among them.

As always, before you start archiving, make sure you have ALL notes for this archiving object in your system.

Answers (0)