Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POS(1) Unknown user name/password combination

former_member199963
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have installed an SCM APO server (EHP3 FOR SAP SCM 7.0) and the live cache 7.9.08.17 is on another box. We have recently refreshed the SCM system from QA, but LC has yet to be refreshed. We can connect to the livecache from LC10 but it says SQL access is not possible.

We have maintained the username and password in Integration for all the 3 connections.

Checking in DB59, for all 3 connections, LCA, LDA and LEA we are getting sql_neg: no_connection.

In SM50, its showing below error:

What I have noticed in other systems is that the user SIDADM is in upper case whereas in this server it is lower case. Will this cause this issue, and if so, how do I change the user to uppercase?

Working server (good server)

dbmcli on XXX>user_getall

OK

control

superdba

XXXADM

Server with issue:

dbmcli on YYY>user_getall

OK

control

superdba

yyyadm

Please advice.

Thanks,

Asad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Asad,

By default, the livecache user should be called SAP<SID>.

Please check the user by executing sql command from dbmcli:

dbmcli -d <dbsid> -u superdba,<password> -uSQL superdba,<password> db_execute select username, usermode from DOMAIN.USERS

Best regards,
James

former_member199963
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Thanks a lot!!! Yes, once I put the SAP<SID> user the connection started working.

Result of your suggested command in:

Present server:

'CONTROL';'ADMIN'

'SUPERDBA';'SYSDBA'

'SAP<SID>';'DBA'

Other systems in the landscape:

'CONTROL';'ADMIN'

'SUPERDBA';'SYSDBA'

'<SID>ADM';'DBA'

Is it possible to replace the SAP<SID> user in the present server with <SID>ADM user, as it is so in the rest of the landscape?

Thanks,

Asad

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Asad,

You are welcome.

Did you mean you want to replace <sid>adm user in lc10-> integration? If so, the answer is no, because sap<sid> is the livecache user which is database user, while <sid>adm is your SAP system's OS user.

The two users are existing in two layer, or two system, SCM and liveCache.

Best regards,
James

former_member199963
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Asad

Answers (0)