Health Savings Account Plan (HSAP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Need small suggestion / help.

My client has 2 types of HSA plan :-

1. HSAP (EE only)

2. HSAP (EE+1 or more dependents)

How do u recommend to address this requirement ? I don't have a coverage option OR health plan option.

Pls suggest.

Regards,

ARNAV....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is handled by standard SAP (i.e. it would read health plan benefit coverage in IT0167 to determine if it's EE only or EE+) and applies the limit (single or family) accoridingly). Therefore, you don't have to have two separate plans for it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Thanks mate for replying to this query.

Would this not to be considered in IT0169 as a Savings Plan ?

I'm fairly new to SAP - Benefit module so lots of anxiety. Would this be a safe option considering that we have interfaces that will run periodically for feed Provider systems.

Do we foresee any challenges if we go about creating HSAP under Health Plan = IT0167?

Regards,

ARNAV....

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HSA is still stored in IT0169, not IT0167. What I was trying to say was SAP processes HSA plan in  IT0169 when payroll is run, it's smart enough to check year-to-date using the proper HSA limit (EE only or EE+) and automatically stop deduction when reached the limit based on health coverage in IT0167.

An ee covering him/herself in high deductible plan can still key HSA amount up to HSA limit for EE+ (unless you implement user-exit to check); however, payroll will stop when the limit for EE only is reached.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

My bad that I didn't give the grp and you this info.

1. We do not run Payroll through SAP.

2. This activity is just for data maintenance / keeping purpose.

3. Interfaces will feed the Vendor system with requisite inputs from SAP.

Keeping all the points in mind, how would you proceed to configure the system given the below requirements :-

1. We have 2 types of Health Plans to be maintained under IT0167 and they are

a. POS Medical

b. HDHP Plan

c. PPO Dental

d. DMO Dental

2. For HSA Plan

Eligibility Rules

What I did...?

a. Created all plans mentioned in Point#1 under Health Plan

b. Created one Plan called HSAP under Savings Plan, but facing challenges in created COVERAGE      TYPE as shown in the 1st attachment. I don't think we can create any COVERAGE TYPE for any Savings Plan. Its only EE and ER contribution that we do.

Note:- Any guidance / suggestion would be deeply appreciated.

Regards,

ARNAV....

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned HSA contribution (stored in IT0169) and HDHP health plan (stored in IT0167) are closely linked together (ie. can't contribute to HSA if not in HDHP plan, and HSA limit is based on whether coverage is EE or EE+ in HDHP (IT0167).

As your payroll's run outside of SAP, the payroll application would need to have logic to check for HSA (EE or ER) contribution limits based on what's in IT0167.

In short, I don't see any reason to create two HSA plans, one for EE, and one for EE+..  just because there's no coverage option in IT0169 (i.e checking can be done in IT0167 instead).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

So one final question /suggestion,

As per my configuration, if an employee opts for HSA plan, system forces employee to opt for an HDHP plan.

Now, how do I stipulate the max value ?

1. EE only then max value is $3350.

2. EE+... then max value is $6750.

However, as mentioned earlier, I have HDHP plans with below given cost rules. These are Annual Figure.

I think I'm missing some config. could you pls help me completing this.

Along with the above query, I have 2 types of Dental Plans i.e. DMO and PPO. EE can elect either of them and not both. Is there a standard settings for this as well...?

Regards,

ARNAV....

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set up two separate EE contribution variants for the HSA plan  in V_74FG_C, and then set up contribution rule for these two contribution variants in V_74FH_C with different max amount (one for EE, and one for EE+).

When creating HSA record in I0169, you can have a user-exit to check HDHP coverage (i.e. EE only or EE+Family / EE+S) to validate EE contribution variant keyed in IT0169.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ted,

Would be able to provide the Exit name so that I can ask the developer to check on it ASAP.

Also, do you think we have a standard sap solution for this Dental requirement that I wrote int he end ?

Regards,

ARNAV..

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Function exit _SAPFP50M001/002. As for dental plans, aren't the plans at the plan options instead of plans level?  If that's the case, time constraint for IT0169 can be set to '1' or  '2' (no overlapping).would prevent signing up for two dental plans at the same time. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnav,

I am configuring the HSA plans and having the similar questions. Can you shed some light on the configuration? Did you create 2 plans for the EE only and Family variants? or did one H.S.A plan work? Thanks.

Sharon.

nancy_brister
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am configuring an HSA too.  What is table V_T7USBEN04 used for? The fields are labeled Deductible.  Are these really the plan deductibles?  We do not administer the plan. I just need to setup and high deductible medical plan, an HSA and a limited flexible spending account for payroll  processing.

Do I need to setup table V_T7USBEN04 if we are not processing claims?

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please note that this config is to allow high deductible health plan in IT0167 to be relevant for HSA, not to process claim (as claims are mostly handled outside of SAP). Therefore, all you need to do is configuring your high deductible health plan in this view with the same HSA coverage amount for self and family.

Regards.

nancy_brister
Explorer
0 Kudos

My plan allows for ER monthly contribution of $45.00 for employee only and 90.00 for EE + Family for employees who enroll in the high deductible plan. The ER annual maximums are $540 for employee only and $1,080 for Family.  Employees can chose to contribute more but are not required. Their annual maximums are $2800.00 for employee only and $5,670 for family. The combined annual maximums are $3,350 for employee only and $6,750 for family.

I am confused as to which amounts go in each field. In the Annual Health Plan Deductible for Self-only field, is this the combined annual maximum of $3,350?  Is the Annual Health Plan Deductible for Family Coverage field, is this the $6,750 amount?

What goes in the Annual Health Plan "Umbrella" Deductible for Family and Annual Health Plan "Embedded" Deductible for Family Coverage fields?

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The combination of EE and ER contributions for HSA is $3,350.00 for self-ony coverage, and $6,750.00 for Family Coverage. Therefore, in this view,  'Deduc Self-Only Cov' should be set to $3,350, and 'Deduc Family Cov' set to $6,250.00.

Please look at SAP help in IMG - Pers Management - Benefits -Plans - Health Plans - Define HSA-relevant HDHP plan. In it, it says to set 'Deduc Umbrella Cov' to enter deductible amount for ee with family coverage. We  leave this field blank, and it works just fine.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ted,

I am attempting to set up an HSA plan and I am getting stuck on ER contributions. 

Example: The Employer Contribution is 100% of the employee contribution up to a limit of 400.

If the employee elects 1200 for the year - we want the ER match to be 100 per month for the first 4 months. 

Configuration for the ER Contribution: 100% of the EE contribution  with a contribution Limit of 400.

When I execute Payroll is where I see an issue;: The employee contribution is 100 per month but the ER contribution is being divided by 12 also and I am getting 33.33 Employer contribution for each monthly payroll period.

We were expecting 100 per pay for the first 4 pays and then the ER contribution would be zero..

From this short description - can you give me some ideas as to what I can check to see what I did wrong?

Thank you very much for your help and advice.

Beth

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Beth:

We did not config ER contrib for HSA as we pay ER contrib through IT0015 (our ER HSA contrib is based on EE healthy rewards program participation).

However, the config you described seems correct to me. What period do you config (e.g. annually, monthly, ...) for this plan ? If it's annually, can you change this to monthly (in ER contrib rule) to see if works.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Thank you for getting back to me.

When we set up the ER contribution as 100% of EE contribution up to a limit of $$$ - the employer Contribution is always annualized no matter what the employee contribution is set to.

In this example - EE was set to 200/month (2400)

ER was set to be 100% of EE contribution up to 400.00 and in payroll the calculation is EE 200.00 and ER 33.33 (400/12).

We will keep looking at it and do some debugging.

It doesn't make any difference as far as setting the ER contribution up as Annual or Monthly - it divides it by number of payroll periods

Thank you