cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is meant by migration. Why do we use it. How can we migrate custom applications(7.3) to 7.4 in sap enterprise portal.

Thanks and Regards,

Teja.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Migration is from older version of portal 7.0x to new versions 7.3x/7.4/7.5

In older versions the portal applications were not J2ee application but a different type and from 7.3 the applications are j2ee applications.

That's why when doing this upgrade you need to migrate your applications from PAR (Portal archive) the old files to WAR (Web Archive which is a standard) and it's the new file.

You have a tool in the upgrade process (also after) which is called PAR to WAR migration.

BR,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

Thank you for the reply. Thanks for enlightening me.

Thanks and Regards,

Teja.

0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

I also just noticed that you wanted to upgrade from 7.3 to 7.4, if that's the case no changes are needed to migrate custom applications as both engines and java are the same on 7.3 and 7.4.

it should be seamless.

BR,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

We have upgraded the portal from 7.3 to 7.4. But all the custom developments are gone. we can see only standard portal application in 7.4. So, we have created a new track and moved the custom developments to that track but it is not taking any effect? Is that the right way to do? what I have to do in order to see all the custom developments in 7.4.

Thanks and Regards,

Teja

Answers (0)