SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Omit erroneous transaction in check balancing for totals transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We have a scenario on our regular sales with an erroneous article in the receipt (incomplete Master Data, from our non-SAP POS system):

As this scenario with the Master Data happens often, and the amounts here in the receipt are not aggregated, we want the task for checking the balance for the totals transactions (0030) to not include all of the items in the receipt with an erroneous status.

Do I have to void these transactions first? Or is there any setting in the configuration to exclude erroneous transactions for the balance of total transactions?

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carmina,

To the best of my knowledge, we can exclude certain items of the transaction from the balancing task. You have to correct the data first to remove the error from transaction and then post.

For that, you can re-synchronize the master data in RSA1 to get update from ECC. After doing this, the EAN highlighted above will be recognized and you can process the transaction. Here I am assuming you have enabled master data check and hence it is giving the above error.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carmina,

To the best of my knowledge, we can exclude certain items of the transaction from the balancing task. You have to correct the data first to remove the error from transaction and then post.

For that, you can re-synchronize the master data in RSA1 to get update from ECC. After doing this, the EAN highlighted above will be recognized and you can process the transaction. Here I am assuming you have enabled master data check and hence it is giving the above error.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

My apologies for replying late. Thank you for your suggestion! We updated the MD and then re-run the tasks for the aggregates and it worked!

But we had encountered another scenario where the duplicate record was still counted in the checking of totals balance:

As you can see, the total sales should only be 525 and not 1,050, as the second transaction was a duplicate of the first. Would you know what we should do so that the second transaction would not be included in the balancing of total records?

Thank you!!

0 Kudos

Hi Carmina,

If I understand your screen shot correctly, the screen where you are seeing 1050.00 is just a report and does not mean it is totalling the duplicate transaction too.

As per me, it is more important for me that the duplicate record is going into error and not considered for further processing.

If this is not what you are concern, then please give some more details on the issue and the process you are trying to execute.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit!

If you can see, that report (the balancing tab in POS workbench) is also the basis for task 0030 (Check Balancing for Totals Transactions). So while the aggregates only has the amount 525.00, the task 0030 returns an error because the count and amount in the totals record are not the same as in the balancing tab:

If task 0030 results in an error, we will not push the data to ECC. This is why we're asking if there's any workaround so that the duplicate record will not be counted in the balancing for totals transaction.

If there's any more clarification you need, please let us know.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos

Hi Carmina,

From your screen shot it is seen like there are some tasks performed on duplicate record. That is the reason, it has red and green symbol both. Can you please give the screen shot for task overview for that duplicate record which is in error?

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Here's the screenshot for the task overview of the duplicate error:

Does this mean I should change all of these tasks to error so it wouldn't be counted in the totals?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Hi Carmina,

For task 0004 also, put duplicate transaction 1001 as prerequisite. Means, task 0004 should be processed only if 1001 is successful.

Let us know the results after this change.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I tried what you've suggested but the balancing of totals record task still resulted in an error. It's still counting the duplicate.

Any other suggestions we should try?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Hi Carmina,

If this is not affecting the error, next step is to check the task configuration and rule.

Can you post the configuration of your duplicate check task and the rule?

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit!

Here's the config for the duplicate task and the rule:

We're only using the standard rules. Is there anything missing on our config?

Thanks!