cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFAR/AW01N - Change of depreciation key does not recalculate the planned depreciation

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP guru,

I am facing the issue that,  for one specific asset only,  the planned depreciation amount does not get recalculated after changing the depreciation key.

The system first generated a warning message – AU390 Values for &3 have changed in dep. area &1 in fiscal year &2, suggesting that Depreciation recalculation program AFAR to be to run.

Then we ran AFAR to recalculate the planned depreciation amount, however, the amount has not been recalculated as well as tried to recalculate via AW01N. Interestingly, though, in Display Depreciation > Depreciation term within AW01N Planned value tab, the depreciation key is still the old depreciation key (the one I changed from in AS02).  Now I have changed the depreciation key to even another one, warning message AA191 comes up, but yet the system does not recalculate the planned depreciation amount.

Would you please guide me how to figure out what causes this specific asset not to be recalculated even after changing depreciation terms or is there any specific condition in order to be subject to the planned depreciation recalculation at asset level?

Also if you know if there is any specific Class/Program that would determine the recalculation of planned depreciation amount, that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Taro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the support you gave me.

Now the issue is resolved.

Its rootcause was the data inconsistency in asset master data, namely,

the asset has time-dependent depreciation terms in table ANLBZA even though the indicator ANLA-HAS_TDDP is not set, hence when the depreciation terms are changed via AS02, it does not update ANLBZA (time-dependent depreciation terms), hence no recalculating the depreciation. This issue is explained in OSS 1547416 - Inconsistency in time-dependent depreciation terms.

The solution was to

OSS_1839803 - Inconsistent indicator for time-dependent depreciation terms to resolve the inconsinstey

OSS_1773644 - Subnumber Time-dependent depreciation terms not displayed to avoid the recurring such inconsistency at sub asset number level.

Regards

Taro

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay and Andrea,

Yes, the depreciation key has been updated in ANLB so saving of the change in asset master is registered, but not performing the recalculation of Depreciation thereafter.

regards

taro

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you do AS02 once again?

Also make sure that the New Dep Key is different than the Old one.. If there is no depreciation difference, AFAB wont result in anythiing

Still does not help? Please raise OSS message

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Taro, when you comment the depreciation key remain the old one, maybe you didn't save AS02. Please check if can be this.

regards

Andrea

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Taro

This is strange

AS02 is enough to change the Dep Key.. Check Table ANLB, if New Dep Key is reflected or not. If yes, AFAR should work

If that does not happen, please raise OSS message

Ajay M