cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel expense posting for different company codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing issues, while posting the travel expense report for Sweden.

Issue:

User has created travel expense for company code  X but he is currently working for company code Y.

But, system is always trying to expense against company code Y(it should be X as per the trip date).

Could you please suggest on how to solve this issue.

Regards

Ramki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

You must change the Payroll period in parameter screen of PRFI when creating the posting.

You should not use the current period but the period when the employee was still in the old company.

For example chose 12/2015 if the employee change company on 1/2016.

Then it will work, it will post the expense on the old company.

We are doing this from time to time because we also have employees moving from one company to the other but having pending expenses in the old one.

The bad think is that you need to do an individual posting for those cases as you need to change the payroll period on the selection screen.

I'm looking for a more automated way but at the moment I didn't find it yet.

If some knows how to do it automatically I'm interested

Best regards,

Christophe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue is fixed by changing the maintenance view V_T702N_A, line " other settlement" position 17.

former_member219272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

happy that your issue is resolved

but can you please let us know how did you figured it out that by changing the line " other settlement" position 17 in table V_T702N_A

so that it will be useful for others

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you change the value from 0 or 1 to 2 (Vendor will be determine by trip end date) ?

Thanks in advance, it will help me as well

Regards,

Christophe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Yes, we had changed it from 0 to 2 ( Vendor will be determined by trip date)
and the issue is fixed now.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

A alternative option before to understand is change the cost center when he is travelling for a company Y.

Did you try?

Thanks.

JPA

former_member219272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i do not know the fix but wanted to know the basic for my understanding

User has created travel expense for company code  X but he is currently working for company code Y -- how can a user can create a expenses for company code X when he is actually working for company code Y

please can you explain?

system is always trying to expense against company code Y --- i believe this is a standard behaviour because the user master data will say that he is working for company code Y & not for company code X, that is the reason it is posting to company code Y

(it should be X as per the trip date) - how are you expecting it to be posted for company code X when he is actually working company code Y

are you saying that the user has claimed the expenses when he was working for the company code X & now he is working for company code Y

if that is the case then please can you have a look at the date creation, approved, settled & when he got paid.