SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing fund center mapping from pc to cc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am new to sap psm.I have a requirement from my client please help me out with the following

present FM account assignments used as follows

one fund+fund center (1:1 to profit centers)

but they want to control budget at cost center level now.

how to achieve this in the middle of the fiscal year? what changes to be made in fmderive?

thanks in advance

Regards

sajid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amarlal_lohano
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sajid,

You just need to update your derivation rule in FMDERIVE and change the FC mapping from PC to CC. It will immediately start consuming budget, when the relevant CC is hit in relevant transaction. There wont be any side effect of doing that, you just need to make sure the rules are working properly on Quality Server before doing it on Production Server.

Regards,

Amar

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

amarlal_lohano
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sajid,

You just need to update your derivation rule in FMDERIVE and change the FC mapping from PC to CC. It will immediately start consuming budget, when the relevant CC is hit in relevant transaction. There wont be any side effect of doing that, you just need to make sure the rules are working properly on Quality Server before doing it on Production Server.

Regards,

Amar

0 Kudos

Hi Sajid,

You can change your derivation rules in FMDERIVE, But in the middle of the financial year you have a challenge like already transactional data was posted with old fund and fund center, So if you change now your system will be mess up and leads to inacurate reporting.

Its better to do in the yearend, and also please take care about yout commitmnets, after yaer end i hope you have less probability for errors, if any also you can do FM reassignmnets.

I hope It is clear.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

I guess the query relates to change of mapping from PC to CC and not of change of FC. Client wants to continue with Old Fund and FC instead of switching those to new.

Regards,

Amar

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks all of you for your suggestions,

Amar in my present system Fund centers are created as many as profit centers.

example

PC1=FC1

PC2=FC2  etc...

so now under one PC1, there are number of cost centers.

If i go as

CC11=FC11

CC12=FC12  etc

changing the fmderive is i think simple but what about open PO/PR's

what rule should i use?

if i go for change at year end as RAVI suggested then shall i stop carry forwarding FM budget to new fiscal year and upload new budget with above changed fund centers.

Regards,

sajid

0 Kudos

You have to apply reassignment... If the exercise is too heavy, you might consider convincing the client, that this change should be better performed on year-end.

0 Kudos

Sajid,

If u have multiple CC with relation to a single PC, then what u can do is to map all relevant CC falling under 1 PC to 1 FC.

e.g.

CC1 : PC1 and PC1 : FC1 then map CC1:FC1

CC2 : PC1 and PC1 : FC1 then map CC2:FC1

In that way you can follow the trail and regarding open commitments, please follow the strategy mentioned by Eli.

Regards,

Amar

0 Kudos

Hi Amar / Eli,

Thanks for your inputs,

If do like as you said then consider below example

in that case i will be uploading budget to FC1 say 1000

and assign  CC1:FC1

CC2:FC2

then AVC will not check budget at cost center level individually. am i right?

and

Could you please elaborate a little bit on reassignment rule to be used.

Thanks

Sajid

0 Kudos

Reassignment strategy should replicate the effect of a change in FMDERIVE. Say, you had CC1 -> FC1 and CC2 -> FC2. Now, since CC1 and CC2 correspond to PC1, you will have PC1 -> FC1. Hence, FC2 should equally become FC1. It means that in reassignment strategy you would put sender FC as FC2 and receiving FC as FC1.

Eli

P.S. You would need to reconstruct your AVC ledgers via FMAVCREINIT afterwards. Also, if you use budget address derivation strategy, it should be equally revised. Certainly, this type of exercise should be first well tested in a separate environment in order to see that the ultimate result corresponds to requirements.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I will test the same in development and meanwhile i will convince my client to opt for year-end change option.

Anyway all of the reply's are very helpful.thanks

Regards

sajid

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned above, changing the rules in FMDERIVE will take care of all the postings made after the change. But, you have to think about your budget, which was already partially consumed. Especially, of the documents which are not yet at the end of their life cycle. For example, open PR/POs, commitments, etc.

If mapping of budgetary changes in the middle of fiscal year, in most cases, reassignment is to be foreseen. Mass reassignment could be executed via FMCG/FMCT transactions. You can maintain reassignment strategy, deriving fund centres in the same way you'd do it in FMDERIVE. Reassignment strategy is defined in IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Master Data - Derivation Strategy for Reassignment.

Regards,

Eli