cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysterious messages being sent to unkown stream

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client is getting the following error dozens of times in a row:

2016-03-29 12:16:47.345 | 5024 | container | [SP-4-108019] (696.565) sp(9400) GatewayClient(5024:133)::P_doRecord() received record for unknown stream. Index: 25

The index number varies.  The project receives data via a publisher and sends database inserts via a stored procedure that's called by getData().  There are no adapters being used.

Does anyone know what causes these messages and if they indicate some actual problem in the project?  How do I make them stop?

Thanks in advance,

Dan Tarnower

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DJSmith
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan, long time no speak!

I find that this occurs whenever an java instance used by an adapter does not terminate when the project is ended.

This almost always happens when running project with adaptors in the studio - local cluster.

you can check for it in task manager

Resolution; use something like   taskkill.exe /F /IM java.exe in a batch file before stopping the project

NOTE: This should never occur when using a remote cluster (and unmanaged adapters).

Summary. Don't try to test adaptors in the studio

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Hope all is well.

I'm finishing up a Sybase CEP to ESP migration that has been delayed almost a year.  I had seen this message in the past, but never knew why it happened.

I didn't think this code had any adapters, but we did put in an output CSV adapter to capture some data in a file.  There might have been some remnants of that left over.  However, I'm not fully certain this can't happen in a remote server.  I think we did see it on the remote server because the client wanted to run on it rather than the Studio as much as possible.

Regardless, they are satisfied with that answer, particularly because there won't be any adapters in the final code.  Just a publisher to send data, and getData() calls to stored procedures to write to the database.

Thanks for the help.

Dan

Answers (0)