SAP for Engineering, Construction, and Operations Discussions
Share your knowledge on SAP for Engineering, Construction, and Operations, connect with community members, and join discussions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPM - Link Master Project to WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can we link two WBS under one Project definition with two separate master projects in CPM? Here is example;

PD - 1000

WBS - 1000-01 linked to MP100

WBS - 1000-02 linked to MP200

If it is possible, then please give me a hint for configuration setup.

Thanks

Atif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't link individual PS objects within the same Project Definition to different CPM Master Projects because of the hierarchical relationship.  In CPM config you designate header objects and then specify a header object for sub objects.

You could try making a WBS a header object and not linking it to a Project Definition, but I would guess that CPM would produce unpredictable behavior.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_ca_cpd101/helpdata/en/9d/1b8bd1eb424ba58c178dc0c6341231/content.htm

Hi,

In CPM 1.0 & 2.0  , multiple PS projects can be linked to single master project.

Now in your example the scenario is a bit different. As I understand you want to create two master projects (MP100 & MP200) and assign WBS elements of the same PS project (PD-1000).

This is possible by Reference to Objects assignment feature.

For configuration refer to "Make Settings for Master Projects"

Read the above link & explore SPRO with some test scenarios.

Regards

Shubham

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't link individual PS objects within the same Project Definition to different CPM Master Projects because of the hierarchical relationship.  In CPM config you designate header objects and then specify a header object for sub objects.

You could try making a WBS a header object and not linking it to a Project Definition, but I would guess that CPM would produce unpredictable behavior.

0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

If using WBS as header object then you cannot use project definition. Therefore, we have decided to restructure our projects in PS in order to follow standard way of linking MP with PD.

Thanks

Atif