cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want run process chains only from Monday to Friday.

former_member458281
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Could you please help me i want to run process chains only Monday to Friday.Due to Saturday and sunday server will switch off.

Note:Current My process chains are running daily basis.On Monday my all process chains are failing due to server is switch off only bi side,Ecc server is 24/7.

Could you please help.

Reagrds,

shan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The easiest way to achieve this is through DECISION PROCESS..You may check the GOOGLE for some docs on how to apply DECISION PROCESS..

Restrict your DECISION PROCESS with value of 6 for SATURDAY and value of 0 (or 7) for SUNDAY..

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/705aefe8-8a27-2d10-7b8e-88017ee91...

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

The first thing I would do is stop using RSPC to schedule process chains. There is an easy way to schedule process chains in a job via SM36 and manage those jobs via SM37.

For each chain:

1. Tcode: SE38 - Program RSPROCESS (Check "Variant" radio button) and click Display.

2. Type a (new) unique variant name for each process chain and click Create.
3. Enter "CHAIN" for process type

4. In the process variant field enter the technical name for the chain (can be copy/pasted using RSPC)

5. Save

6. Run SM36 and create a new Job with RSPROCESS as the ABAP program name and the the correct variant for that chain. Schedule the job based on the frequency required. (you can use the business day calendar for daily jobs)

Now when you need to re-schedule/cancel a process chain, you can do so with SM37.

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shan

You could choose restriction option in process chain scheduler.

When you maintain the start variant of the process chain, choose a start date and time and periodic job as daily. The restriction option is at the bottom as below.

Click on the restrictions button. The below screen will appear.

Choose the calendar id as any general id as your fiscal year variant. The choose the option as Do not execute job on Sundays or Holidays.

This will work for you. We have this setup and it works perfectly.

Regards

Karthik

former_member458281
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik Vasudevan,

Thanks for your replay,

Calendar ID A1 is not there in system.

Actually my bi server will switch off on Saturday and Sunday but r3 will work daily basis .

How to Check  this it will work or not could you please give some steps.

Reagrds,

shan

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shan

Please check with your functional team on what fiscal year variants are available generally. or which calendar they use for FI/SD postings. Based on that, you could choose your calendar.

There is no issue even if your BI server is switched off on Sat & Sundays and R3 is working fine.

Follow the same step which I mentioned above to schedule the process chain. The calendar part alone should be confirmed by your functional team.

Regards

Karthik

former_member458281
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik Vasudevan,

Thanks for your replay,

I am not able to see in the restrictions button Calendar ID= A1.

Could please help on this.

Regards,

shan

former_member189845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi shan,

You can use the decision  between multiple alternative types in process chain and create decision type formula to execute only on 1,2,3,4,5 means 1 = Monday etc...

Thanks,

Siva

former_member458281
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sivaramakrishnan,

Thanks for your replay,

Could please send me full details about decision creation on this.with this formula.

Regards,

shankar

former_member189845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can create new process chain name xyz with start variant and then next step which involves the decision between multiple alternative process type and then comes the your chain.

So you have the schedule the chain xyz daily and based on decision if its monday then your chain we run. or if its Saturday it wont run.

You can check out the below docs

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/301fb325-9d90-2c10-7199-89fc7b5a1...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/607a85c1-e556-2e10-e4ac-f57af2d5c...

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can create your own calendar via transaction SCAL.

check this link for more info: Schedule a background Job in SAP using factory calendar - SAP BASIS Tuts

M.

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shan,

This is indeed the way to go: create a custom Factory Calendar for scheduling purposes. Here you can indicate the "working days" (Monday to Friday) on which the scheduling should take place.

This Factory calendar can be used in BW when scheduling the Process Chain as a periodic job, using the Factory Calendar with he setting to "move to the next workday" as explained in the working instruction.

I would like to draw you attention to one small but important aspect: where do you have to maintain the Factory Calendar? I suggest to use the same SAP system which you use to upload the Factory Calendars from (via t/code RSA1, Modeling perspective, Source System view). It is usually the ECC system.

You have to be aware that during an upload of Factory Calendars you will overwrite the entries of the respective tables. Suppose you maintain the "scheduling" Factory Calendar in BW, it can be lost during the upload from ECC.

Best regards,

Sander