SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS01 Derivation

former_member778197
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We acqusition asset from MM module. We use a dummy asset when we create PO. Everything is working correctly. But I have doubt about derivation in AS01. I dont want to derive any account assignment in AS01. Because I am deriving account assignment elements by dummy asset's characteristics. The budget consumes when we create PO. When we post the invoice from MIRO, we create a new asset ( real asset ) and changing with dummy asset which I was used in PO. The system derives when I create real asset in AS01.I want to derive dummy account assignment for AS01. Is there any impact If I made this?

Thank you very much

Best Regards

8 REPLIES 8

amarlal_lohano
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Yasin

Your query isn't clear at all. It seems like you want to create a Dummy Asset at the time of PO and a real asset at the time of MIRO? What is the basic object of doing that?

What i have understood from above is that you do want to create a PO, but dont want to consume any budget on it in case of an Asset. While you want to consume it at the time of MIRO.

Can you elaborate it further in details.

Regards,

Amar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's awkward scenario... MIRO document will inherit account assignment from PO. So, already at this time FM assignment should be the 'right' one.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi,

I will try to explain my scenario. We want to control the budget cost center and asset class level. Cost center equal to fund center and asset class equal to commitment item. Each deparment can purchase any asset class. For example, IT department can purchase fixture or software. The both asset class fixture and software has different class. I will use field evaulation group and create some keys for that. For instance, 1001 - IT Department fixture and 1001 IT department software and 2001 Planing department fixture and 2002 Planing department plants machinery and equipment.

In FMDERIVE, I create table lookup using table ANLA and derived asset class from account number. Additionaly I derived fund center from evaulation group. You can see below secreen shot.

The reason I am using this method is our client manage their asset purchase from MM and they want to continue with this method. In this method, they use only one dummy asset and their purchase department use this dummy asset for each PO. When invoice arrived to company for asset, they will create a new asset from AS01 that will be real asset and change with dummy asset in MIRO. By the way, they want to budget control from PO.

Finally, If I manage this process with only one dummy asset, I cant control budget when they create PO. Therefore, I create many dummy asset by evaulation group ( department and asset class ). I derived account assignment and it works very well creating PO. what I doubt about real assets. Because, I created dummy asset with dummy account assignments. If I create real assets with dummy account assignment in AS01, does it mistaken our process? Is it impact our consume budget? I dont want to control budget after PO.

This issue is very urgent for me.

Please help me.

Thank you

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Of course, this scenario is not exactly standard flow in FM, but you can apply it, if you want. However, you should be very careful. For example, I don't understand your point about not controlling the budget after PO. How you will close your FM commitments, then? I'd suggest you to create FM update on GR only and not on invoice. In this case, GR will close PO's commitment without impacting the budget. As for invoice, it will be posted on non-budgetary FM assignment, which you can control through FMDERIVE.

In any case, as general recommendation, these 'experiments' should be done where they belong, i.e. in Test environment. Because, I have an impression that all these modifications are applied directly in Production, if I judge by your other post about PR.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I think i couldnt tell this point that is control in PO. I mean If I have 1000 EUR budget and create PO that has 300 EUR. My budget hast to be 700 EUR after PO. But budget shouldnt change after GR and IR.

We went to go live but didnt entry asset budget yet. I am trying on QA system.

Thank you

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is standard behaviour: GR/IR don't change budget consumption, unless they deviate from PO amounts. They only convert commitments to actuals.

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Eli.

I tested it on QA system and worked.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good