cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Records in the Consolidation workbench

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I am a first time user to use SEM-BCS. I am very naïve and have limited knowledge on BCS, so my sincere apologies If I am not describing correctly.

I got a message from a user saying that she was unable to see all the fields and there were some extra records that were getting populated when the consolidation system was run in the BCS.

I replicated the issue how she did that and where see sees the incorrect records.

1) Ran  /nUCWB to check the records in the consolidation work bench.

2) Filter on version - 200 ( management consolidation)

3) Select period 03 , FY year 2016, F.var: -  K4 and run the program.

4)  Process Views>Analysis>List Data>Total Records.

5)  know my line Item which Shows incorrect values.

Development displays one record for the line item which has the value 92720699-

How ever if I check the same in production it has 3 records with the same value for the same cost center and same line item.

How ever it has one extra record with a different profit center group and

one extra record with all the dimension members as null  for the same company code and Line Item.

We are doing a direct transport to the Production system and running the consolidation again.

Background:
------------------

We did the data collection in the production system, , there was a Data collection issue, A category Breakdown where the Product group was incorrectly mentioned. we had run the data collection after the issue was fixed and the line item was assigned to the correct company code.

Here's what I have tried so far:

1) Tried to see if I can delete the records by using the delete method.

Process View > Consolidation Functions > Data Collection > Delete (Method).

Under the Method, There is no method defined. Tried to click on create and create a method. A method gets created. when double clicked on the method, gives a message as  First , specify the key of the Value. ( Not sure how to create /Add that).

2) Tried option 2. Went to the BW cube. selected the two extra records  and did a selective delete from the cube. Tried removing the request ID which has two extra records.

Cleaned and re ran the consolidation and that appeared in again.

Not able to understand what is the setting that is creating this extra records.
Running out of Ideas.

I am attaching screenshot. which shows difference between the DEV and the production and why there are extra records coming. Hope this makes some sense.

Thanks and Regards,

Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is never good to use BW selective delete in a production system for BCS. That will likely cause data inconsistency issues.

Try menu path: Process view > Consolidation functions > Other functions > Delete > Reported Financial Data. The record may remain but with a zero value until the cubes is compressed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Dan,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Yes I agree with you, I would not want to do a selective Delete from the Cube as it would lead to inconsistencies.

I checked if they use compressions of the cube, They don't compress the cube here at the client.

Let me try the delete method and let you know the outcome.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar

Could you please check the source cube is there any data available which is same as?

If yes, then need to do some action at source cube level.

Regards

Rajesh SVN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Thank you for the post.

When you mean source cube, Do u mean the Total Records in the BCS?

former_member211095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham Ayapilla

Source cube which means from which data is used for data collection task.

If you are not aware.  Please go to UCWB --> Data Model --> Source Data Basis where can find source cubes/DSO.