cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phrase merge Issue

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

When I tried to do phrase merge by selecting 100ks of phrases , the system gave me dump message . What is the best way to do merge at once when you have huge data . Also while merging there is option to do check mark for OT and there is no button to select at once this OT field for all phrases to merge . Do I have to click this box 1000 times or is there any easy way to handle this ?

Regards,

K G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Depending on your system performance, you cannot merge more that 1000-2000 phrases in one go.The OT button should be checked automatically for all phrases to be merged.

Ralph

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Ralph ,

automatic check is happening for only few records and for rest I had to do manual activity . Good catch , did  you come across this issue before ?

k g

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I have not. As I said, the OT field should be checked for all phrases. You will get the dump, though, if you select too many records. It really is kinf of a trial and error.Start with, say, 2000 phrases. If it works, try 3000 the next time, else try only 1200 or so. You will soon find out how many can be selected for on merge execution.

Ralph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

the "phrase merge" is a "big" action depending on the changes happened. So sometimesonly a "job" is useful and no action by user. In any case. for lot of data a potential dumpis possible. Topic has been discussed only once; I found no othere thread. Check

Phrase Merge | SCN

I assume: your problem is more or less the same as documented in this thread.

C.B.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey KG,

Can you provide screen shot, Cause it will always happen in one go as Ralph said.

How your doing the process.

Thanks

Satya