cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicating ECC/ERP data into HANA DB on HCP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can you please advise on the replication techniques that are available to replicate ECC data onto HCP?

Also,it would be great if you can mention whether these are scheduled jobs or real-time data transfers?

Please note, I am using HCP trial account and trying to do HANA analytics on cloud using ECC data. I'd be then using C4A as a frontend.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,

Megha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Megha,

did you manage to find any good answer for your question? I've noticed this question is coming back quite often. Currently I'm investigating Smart Data Access and Smart Data Integration, but both are poorly documented and seems to work well only with on-premise HANA. Did you make any progress with replication?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pawel,

No actually. I am using a trial account for a POC work. There are certain restrictions to a trial account due to which I could only use a CSV file – which is a static export from ECC tables.

In case you have a productive instance of HCP, then all the options applicable to replicating to HANA on premise are applicable to replicating to HANA in HCP as well. The method used is to replicate the JDBC/ODBC port of HANA in HCP to on-premise using cloud connector. The technical component of cloud connector used for doing this is called Service Channel. This is documented here SAP HANA Cloud Platform. The full description of the scenario is also described here SAP HANA Cloud Platform

Also, using an existing OnPremise ETL / data replication tool (like SLT, SAP Data Services, SAP Replication Server etc) in combination with SAP HANA Cloud Connector and an HANA (MDC) tenant on hanatrial is most common now a days. But, this of course requires an existing tool that can be used for this purpose.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Megha

Shamscharma
Participant
0 Kudos

Megha

Can you point me to a link or document that can help me with using SLT to migrate data from ECC (on premise) to HANA on Cloud? Also about BODS.

If there is a step by step guide that would be highly appreciable.

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

Please check out the following links:

Regards,

Megha

Shamscharma
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Megha, I forgot to mention that i am looking for Real Anything similar to SLT?

Shamscharma
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks! but these links do not answer my questions.