cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Characteristic format: Number of Chars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have created a characteristic, which is being used in a Variant class.

This characteristic is used to show selected product option prices (Currency format) in VC.

Format defined as 6 chars and 2 decimal places. (template is selected automatically)

It all worked fine, since the prices were under 10000 CHF...4 figures, eg. 9999.

But now the prices have changed and and gone up to 5 figures.. eg. 11000 which also need to appear in VC.

Since the characteristic is defined with 6 chars, when i try to add the new prices, i encounter an error:

Since there are Materials which have already been configured using this Characteristic.. i am not able to change the format.

Does anyone know what can be done in this case so that the characteristic allows 5 digit values?

Thanks & regards,

Shashank

P.S: I have already tried locking all the Dependencies and Variant tables  in which this characteristic has been used. But i still cannot change the format.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

Your particular issue has to do with the number of decimal places being used, not the format of the characteristic itself.  You should be able to increase the number of decimal places from 6 to some other number (perhaps 9, to take future scenarios into account) with no issue.  Is the "number of chars" field locked while in CT04 edit mode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Thanks for your response.

That is exactly the problem but i cannot edit those fields with CT04.

I also tried to lock all the Dependencies and Variant tables where the characteristic is used.

But still i cannot edit them.

It is still used it in the Configuration Class but i cannot remove it from there since already a few Materials have been created using this configuration profile/class with the characteristic in the question.

I get an error at this point saying.. removal of characteristic from the class will make the configured material inconsistent.

How can i change this characteristic with compromising the already configured materials?