cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 Hana HCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can someone throw some light on te difference between SAP HCM and S4  Hana HCM. I am going for an implementation. I am not aware of the system and the differences.

Please help.

Thanks,

Megha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BalaAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both are of the products of SAP (SAP HCM & S/4HANA)

S4HANA is the replacement of SAP R/3 for the next generation and their new road- map for next 10 years, which I was understanding from reading blogs/listening to the presentations from SAP associates.

This product is with high performance coding,  efficient table structure & data size.  Deployed in cloud technology along with Successfactors (for HCM).

You can refer the attached blog link for more details.

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/blog/2015/06/18/hcm-solution-options-for-s4-hana

regards,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Thanks for the response. I am still not able to understand:

"The SuccessFactors HCM Suite (SuccessFactors) is the “default” HCM solution for S/4 HANA.  Customers choosing S/4 HANA as their next-generation business suite also require a next-generation HCM suite and this is the focus of SuccessFactors.  Productized integration (built and maintained by SAP) exists today so customers can connect SuccessFactors with S/4 HANA cloud edition; productized integration to connect with S/4 HANA on-premise edition is planned for 2H2015."

1. Does this mean S4 HANA has Success Factors as thier HCM suite?

2. Do they have Om & PA replaced by SF Employee Central?

3. Is it that S4 HANA HCM suite implementation needs SF as mandatory prerequisite?

Thanks,

Megha

BalaAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

Please read the last 3 points. What I understand is that, for new customers going for S/4 HANA, SF is the must.

Please read on the comments section (and even you can ask your question in those comment lines too...) ..

There are lot of such blogs available in SAP HCM.

Please share your experience in SCN, during your implementation.

regards,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala, i understood after reading three to four times

Surely, I will share my experience in this implementation.

Thanks again

Megha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Megha,

My client is migrating from Oracle to S/4HANA. We are in the verge of implementing SAP HCM on SAP S/4HANA platform. I am very much confused in the process and want some inputs from your end.

1. Does S/4HANA support HCM R/3 suite?
  2. Can we implement OM, PA, Training and Event Management in S/4HANA?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member

Hello Rajesh,

yes, S4 HANA does support SAP R/3. Though the default HCM solution for it is Success Factors but core modules like OM, PA, Time, PY and T&EM can be configured on R/3. I have done same recentl for one of the client.

rgds,

Megha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Megha,

Thanks a lot for your mail.

Regards,

Rajesh

Answers (0)