cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new depreciation area (RAFABNEW)

former_member280251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to add a new depreciation area by programa RAFABNEW. The new depreciation area is created for inflation, so it does not manage acquisition values. According to this definition is not possible to define a transfer APC value (Tcode OABC) because the depreciation area does not manage APC values, so the field in Tcode OABC is in grey.

The tcode OABD is completed.

The inflation is going to be executed by TCODE J1AI.

The program rafebnew is run with the flag "leave values initial"

When The RAFABNEW is run for adding the new depreciation area (10) the system shows the following error message:

define depreciation area correctly"

"Depreciation area 10, which you want to create as a new depreciation area in chart of depreciation XXXX, has no depreciation area for value takeover. This may be correct for normal operation, however for the purpose of creating a new depreciation area in the productive sytem you hace to enter a depreciation area whose values are used as base values for the new area"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member387101
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hola Ceci, ¿cómo andas?

¿Pudiste resolver éste error?

Me está ocurriendo lo mismo, en la version 1909 de S4 HANA cambia el programa para habilitar áreas de valoración en activos dados de alta.

El programa es RAFAB_COPY_AREA, sin embargo, cuando lo proceso me arroja el mismo error de la consulta.

Gracias!

Laura Tre

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cecilia,

Yes this is all right, but in India there are some specifics. Inflation area must be a separate area, with initial values, as this area update it's values with the revaluation program J_AA001 (Tx. J1AI). Could you please give me the code of the error message that you have got?

Is it the AU 008?

best regards

Bernhard

former_member280251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Do you mean the message number? In this case, the message is the "AU008".

If you are asking for other information please let me know.

Thanks,

Cecilia

coleti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cecilia,

Please check if you specified the Transfer of Depreciation Terms for your depreciation area at transaction code OABD.

Best regards,

Gabriel Coleti

former_member280251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Yes, the transfer of depreciation terms was specified,
Thanks,

coleti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please check if you defined OABC adoption of values from depreciation area ?

coleti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cecilia,

Did you set adoption of values from depreciation area OABC ? I think this will work for you.

Best regards,

Gabriel Coleti

former_member280251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

It is not possible to define a transfer value in Tcode OABC. As I explained this is not possible because of the setting required for an inflation area, so the field for entering the value is in grey with '00'. It does not transfer any APC value, the concept is correct, but it is causing problems with the program RAFABNEW.

Thanks,

Cecilia

coleti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Cecilia,

I have looked into this program RAFABNEW, and the error message "Define depreciation area correctly" is generated when field WRTAFB of table T093A is empty. This check is done in line 196 of this program.

This table is maintained in OABC.

So I think something is missing in your new area configuration. I checked some OSS notes about program RAFABNEW and there is no SAP changes on this checking condition, to skip this error, OABC must be defined.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Gabriel Coleti

former_member280251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Unfortunately, I cannot define a transfer value because the inflation area does not manage APC values.

Thanks for your replies,

Cecilia

coleti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cecilia,

The process to opening a new Dep. Area after production startup will required you to run AFBN (program RAFABNEW). According to SAP, values and depreciation terms are adopted without change from the area defined as the reference depreciation area in Customizing.

This means that your new area should have values adopted from an existing area.

As per my understanding, SAP will only allow you to open a new area in the existing assets if APC is being defined for your dep. area.

Best regards,

Gabriel Coleti