cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap archiving - data storage at least 5 years

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my external consultant company has confirmed me that in Italy is not possible SAP archive procedure if there are not data at least stored for 5 years.

Someone could confirm me that?

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

magexposito
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

Maybe they meant that some data has to be kept for at least 5 years by legal regulations. As far as I know Italy is quite similar to Spain considering the legal regulations, for example in Spain we have to kept 6 years the invoices on the SAP system. This doesn't mean the invoices has to be on the database, you could archive the data if you want. The only limitation is that you have to have available the data in case it is needed due a legal inspection or requirement.

Best regards.

Miguel Angel González

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel

thanks a lot for your answer.

The topic is raised up when I have asked a project plan to align the test and dev environment to prod one. So the question was: is it better a system copy or an archiving project?

But I 'm honest, right now I have some difficult understading how with archiving I could have test and dev environment aligned.

Have you already faced some similar topic?

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

Archiving is not used for aligning prod and non-prod systems. It is used mostly for data reduction on live DB.

We mostly use homogeneous system copy to align test or qas systems. Development systems stay the same from beginning of the project to the end. There exist very rare cases for copying dev systems.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

magexposito
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

As Yüksel told you the archiving project couldn't be used to align the QAS and DEV environment with the PRD. In that case you need to do a system copy or system refresh from PRD to QAS or DEV, keep in mind that you have to be careful when copying PRD to DEV since you can lost all the data of the versions of the workbench objects.

The archiving project is used to reduce the size of the database archiving or "taking out" some objects from the database to an external storage. Depending on the way of archiving this process and storage can be different.

Best regards.

Miguel Angel González

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

I am not sure about Italy Legal regulations but I don't think all data is related to these rules.

And also archiving  does not mean of deleting the data. When you archive, you can reach the data but not as fast as standart way.

You strategy is important when you are archiving your data.

Which data will you archive? Archiving objects?

How much data will you keep in DB?

I advise you to ask the issue to your customer represantative at SAP Italy.

Or you can open OSS message.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR