cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubt on sap bex customer exit i_step = 2 ?

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a doubt on customer exit variable in the global filter of a sap bex query. Can we write a customer exit variable on a variable to select values from a ztable ? I mean this IOBJ where we are writing the customer exit, will not have any user entry during the query execution. That is, it is independent of the user input selection and no way related to any of the query user input.

I think we can write user exit variable based on any of the user entry variable either before/after/security check, correct ?

For example If I want to select only a certain doc type's maintained in a ztable, and the query should execute only those records which have the doc_type maintained in the ztable. User will just input the year & plant during the user input variable.

Will the customer exit variable work ? Please update under which step I should write the code ? I think its i_step = 2 correct, as the customer exit should work after the user entered plant and year selection ? Please update if I am not clear.

Thank You

DR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

Yes, you can use i_step = 2 to read a ztable and populate your variable, independent of the user input selection. You can also use any other user entry variable to do your code.

Please check an interested image on the following blog about the steps:

Best regards,

Marco Modesto.

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Marco for your reply. But I got the below points from sdn, which says,

_STEP = 1 is used when ther is need of default value in input parameter. This parameter may or may not be INPUT type and mandatory or Optional and Processing type must be Customer Exit.

I_STEP = 2 is when there is need of calculating the value of variable by the value of another variable. The second variable Processing type Customer Exit, Not ready for input and mandatory.

In this case, step= 2 saying that it need to be calculated on the base of another value. but we dont have any base or any variable depending on it as user will not enter any doc type selection and we don't have any relation with plant/year which is the only input given by the user ....and none of these are dependent on doc type. In that case, technically it should be written in step = 1. Please advice. I am confused :

Thank You

DR