Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CPS : run the jobs on selected (Test) systems

former_member265210
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Present steup:

We have connected 200+ ABAP systems( development & test systems) to SAP CPS system to run the normal 12 houskeeping jobs.

we have creatred the job chain to run these 12 ABAP jobs on all the 200+ ABAP systems.

now we have got a request to run the report(xyzzz) on ONLY in TEST ABAP systems.

is there any simply way to determine the DEV or TEST ABAP systems for the redwood at runtime.

i am thinking..     job1 : check for DEV or TEST

job2 : run the report xyzzz

logic, if the job1 output is TEST then run the Job2.

if the job1 outpit is DEV then skip the Job2.

in ABAP system, i can find the DEV/test system by checking the RZ11 parameter "transport/systemtype"

Regards,

Shridhar Gowda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you run SAP_Info against these systems and check if the info is in there?

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiridhar ,

you can go to queue of test system and click on monitor related job .

For run time stats you can right click on job chain or job defination and select option show statistic report and you will find the run time report

former_member265210
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gerben,

i have run theSAP_Info job against these systems, i did not find any info which say's about test or dev system.

Regards,

Shridhar Gowda

former_member265210
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

During the initail designe we did not differenced conneced ABAP systems for DEV or TEST.

we wanted to run the all jobs on all the ABAP systems, now we have got the request to run only on TEST systems.

Regards,

Shridhar Gowda

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide more information on the design of your job/job chain that you are running currently?

Is it a single job chain with 12 steps, each for one housekeeping report? and you want to change the system only for one step?

thanks

Nanda

former_member265210
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nanda,

it is a singla job chain with 12 steps, all the 12 jobs are run on all the redwood connected abap systems

I can create one more job chain  or add the additional job to the existing chain.. but how to define the

logic to run the job only on selected (Test) ABAP systems.

Thanks, shridhar,

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Put something in the description or documentation field of the process servers to distinguish between dev and test systems and put a pre-condition rel expression that checks this field.

Regards Gerben

former_member265210
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gerben,

what you proposed is the.. last option for me to do this.

it would be good if some job determine connected ABAP system as a DEV or TEST at the runtime.

something like this..

job1 : check for dev or test

job2:  based on last job result eithr run or skip this job.

basically i want to read DEV or TEST info from the ABAP system by some job. The question is, how?

Regrds

Shridhar Gowda

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

You want CPS scheduler to learn itself to distinguish DEV from QA, by reading a parameter, that is stored in a file in each system. This is certainly possible (you can have a z program created or platform agent installed), but the effort required to do it perfectly, in my opinion, is significantly more than the effort in creating just one more job chain and scheduling it in required systems.

Or follow 's advice and hardcode this value in each process server description and use REL (teach CPS instead of it learning on its own)

thanks

Nanda