SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For acct assignment element 'Grant' the value BLANK/SPACE is invalid

meet_waseem
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to post student payment in Cash Desk transaction (T-Code: FPCJ) but when I press 'POST' button after entering all the necessary data, the system is giving me following error:

For acct assignment element 'Grant' the value BLANK/SPACE is invalid

Message No. F6751

Diagnosis

You have not made any entries for the FM account assignment element grant and have left the value as BLANK or SPACE.

System Response

The system does not carry out any further processing if you do not enter a value for the grant.

Procedure

Enter a valid value for the grant.

Funds Management (FM) and Grants Management (GM) modules are already implemented at client organization but I can't see any 'Grant' field where value could be manually entered or picked through FM Derivation Strategy.

Here is the screenshot:

Please guide how to resolve the issue OR otherwise if OSS note needs to be raised to SAP.

Regards

Muhammad Waseem

3 REPLIES 3

michael_hobbins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Muhammad: we don't use FM so I'm not familiar with the transaction, but I don't that you have gone into customizing to check the existance of the BLANK/SPACE value the system is complaining about. If you click on the link in the "diagnosis" section, you should see the customizing screen. Can you share that screen?

Cheers,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Waseem,

Check you FM setting, Either it's suppose to allow grant as blank or use grant "Not Relevant".

*- Note: At client level, table FMISPS determines if the Grant

*-       is active as a dimension

*-       At FM Area level, in table FM01, it is specified if

*-       scenario "GRANT BLANK" is allowed.

*-       If it is allowed, the grant will be space, it will not be

*-       stored in Grants Management and therefore, it will not be

*-       relevant for AVC. If the scenario is not allowed, then a

*-       "NOT RELEVANT" grant will be derived and used. Still, this

*-       grant will not be included in the GM ledger

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Waseem,

Please refer SAP Notes 1033060 and 1711682. Both these notes handle below issue:

• F6 804: Value BLANK / SPACE is invalid for account assignment element "fund"
  • F6 751: For acct assignment element 'Grant' the value BLANK/SPACE is invalid

The error inidicats towards the Customizing activity "Allow BLANK as Value for Account Assignment Elements" (V_FM01_BLANK).

Regards,

Vinod