Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurred trying to Connect logon failed

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have installed SSM 10,1 SP11 in a heterogeneous environment, where DB is in linux & Application is in windows environment. The system is up & running & I performed all the post installation steps for SSM as per installation guide.

I am able to login to strategy login page & the tools url as well. Created the SSM_CB_EA & its successfully connected.

But when we try to test the connection of model CBDEFAULT get the error message "Error occurred trying to Connect logon failed"

In PAS System name , we give the IP address of the server “XXXXXXXXXX” , where we already installed the SSM PAS. In system logon, we give the OS user name as pppyyy\ss2adm, as we are installing the server in domain "pppyyy" & the user ss2adm has been created on active directory

Already checked the SAPNote 1797547, but we are not able to work the default model connection as well. As PAS was installed on 64 bit windows server so I installed the 32 bit oracle client in windows machine.

Server & APP Details

DB:- Oracle 11.2.0.4

SSM:- 10.1 SP11

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Rafikul Hussain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

donia_bettaieb
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rafikul, 

In fact, the 'PAS System Logon' should be an Operating System user where Strategy Management Application Server (PAS) is installed.

In Windows,  user must be part of the Administrator group and in Linux/Unix user must have permission to run the scripts and programs in the PAS installation directory.

To have more information, could you please access to the following SAP article :

1704215 - "Error occurred trying to connect; login failed" when testing a Strategy Management Model ...

Hope this helps.

Donia

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Donia for the information.

I have installed the system with domain user, which have the OS level access & having administrator group authorization. Is that not going to work.

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Rafikul Hussain

donia_bettaieb
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rafikul,

In fact, the domain user  has to be an Administrator on the system where PAS is running.

Hope this helps ,

Kind Regards,

Donia

Answers (0)