cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM-ERP integration steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

My question for today! is...   I would like to know the configuration steps for connecting a SAP CRM 7.0 system to a SAP ERP 6.0?

Both are IDES systems and I would simply like to learn/understand all the CRM-ERP integration steps involved (for data replication etc) and also know how to go about carrying out the steps as well... is there one document that explains this?

The SAP online help is sometimes not the easiest to follow and you end up jumping from one link to another then to another!... so would be nice if there was one document or one source that clearly describes the steps and how to carry them out?

Thanks again in advance.

Sophie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sophie,

What you are requesting is a string of tasks done in a sequential manner in Middleware. You have also not mentioned which particular objects you need to integrate between two system.

Believe it or not, the help guides & best practices provided by SAP are the best bet for understanding the whole process.

For Basic configuration between two system,

Basic Configuration for Connecting SAP CRM and SAP ERP - Technology Consultant's Guide - SAP Library

Then there are multiple best practice guides available as well.

First step should be to identify what you need from these guides. Then drilling down each task and you can further explore or ask questions on individual steps/mechanism/processes.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi Katyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The link you sent with the string of tasks listed, yes I saw that yesterday. A quick question, are these sorts of config tasks typically performed by a Basis person or a CRM functional person?

As I've come across some really useful docs (containing screenshots etc) posted by more experienced SCN members, I thought maybe someone had produced one for CRM-ERP integration... but looks like I will have to do a bit more background reading and digging around the help & best practice guides.

Kind regards

Sophie

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sophie,

To answer your queries, yes there might be some Basis tasks in those like setting up of system.

Also, there are best practice guides available for each process as well.

For ex, for Material Replication from ERP > CRM.

You can get access to all the guides on link

SAP Best Practices for CRM

Background reading and thorough analysis is must as Middleware set up in itself is a major task.

Thanks,

Ravi K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thank you so much for the link... that looks really handy!

I've not been doing Basis for very long and to be honest I don't really enjoy it. So I decided to switch over to CRM. I've been on the SAPCRM Overview course, and hoping to attend the CR100 Customization Fundamentals course soon. In the meantime I'm having a play on our CRM ides system to familiarise myself with basic CRM configuration/customization... including what's required to integrate CRM with other systems like ECC6 and BW etc

Anyway, it looks like I have a lot of reading to do ahead of me!... and expect further posts from me in future asking for pointers and some guidance

Thanks again

S.

Himayatullah
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sophie,

Having read your above comment - Just to add here - As a starting point - It would be good if you can focus more on Master data, base customization,Org model and also get an understanding on the business processes in CRM. There are so many docs/wikis available

BR/Himayat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himayat,

Thank you for the extra pointers, much appreciated

Sophie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashree
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need the Configuration steps for integrating CRM-ECC for CATS. Please help.

Thanks,

Jayashree