SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Version Update

jamieclode
Explorer
0 Kudos

Current process is to use version 1 as a working budget and transfer to 0 periodically as a published budget.

When using processing mode 2 in FMCYLOAD, the latest Transfer postings are not being identified to move across to the version 0.

Processing mode 0 & 1 appear to identify all correct values for the version, but add new data only does not.

Can anyone advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, keep in mind that 'add new data' mode will copy budget only in case, there was not budget at all on the target line. Is it the case for you? Because if you had, say, 100 EUR and now you want to have 110 EUR, i.e. adding 10 EUR as 'new data', this update mode is not suitable.You should use 'reset and overwrite' in this case.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, keep in mind that 'add new data' mode will copy budget only in case, there was not budget at all on the target line. Is it the case for you? Because if you had, say, 100 EUR and now you want to have 110 EUR, i.e. adding 10 EUR as 'new data', this update mode is not suitable.You should use 'reset and overwrite' in this case.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thanks for the Swift Response Eli, this is exactly the scenario.

What is the best way to transfer the update if not using FMCYLOAD processing mode 2?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, which one, from 100 to 110 or from 'nothing' to 100? From 100 to 110 - only with 'reset and overwrite'. 'Nothing' to 100 should work with '2 - add new data'. If it's not working, then it should be checked why. I emphasize though that there should be no budget data previously posted at all on the target line. I.e. zero data combined from positive and negative amounts is treated as existing data and, hence, no new figures will appear with this update mode.

In general, consider 'reset and overwrite' as ultimate way of update. In this way, you are always sure that what has been put in the planning version will be copied to your actual one. Of course, it all depends on your business procedure and the way the planning version is getting updated.

0 Kudos

100 to 110. 0 is the published budget and 1 is the working budget. At relevant reporting stages 1 is copied to 0 to show current or reported budget position.

Reset and overwrite suggests no flow of in year changes and a clean view on each run.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

100 to 110: as I said, only 'reset and overwrite'.

0 Kudos

Thank you. What is the purpose of 2 if it is not to add new data? or is the description a bit misleading in this scenario?

0 - Suggests remove all and add what is there now

2 - Suggests leave as is and add new movements?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's misleading description: 'new' in this case is when you have nothing at all before and now 'new value'.

0 Kudos

No entry per address, year, process and bud type. All matching first of all?

I will create further test examples to evidence use within business.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very strange... works fine for me (just tested). And I'm not aware of any OSS note which would rectify this program working in update mode '2'. With update mode '0' there are some...

0 Kudos

Sorry, what worked fine? Only moving entry where no entry existed?

My previous message was just referring to what is the key, that it identifies that an entry is existing.

What is the difference between 0 & 1? these appear identical?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah, OK, I misunderstood you, then. The key is complete budgetary address (FM assignment). Difference between 0 and 1 is that with '0' you will have 110 and with '1' - 210 (100 + 110).